If we can get Laray Smith I suggest giving him | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we can get Laray Smith I suggest giving him

I dont know why we are struggling at OL recruiting. The OL looks great, Pugh is a strong NFL prospect, NFL looking offense, Marrone had a great rep as a OL coach in NFL. Nobody with offers seems to be giving us much of a glance. We may have to wait until next year for a recruiting payoff and comb the JUCO for a couple guys for depth to get by

I don't really get it either this year. Each of the last three years we pulled in at least one highly regarded high school lineman (Hickey, Trudo, then Knapp and Emerich last year), and ironically 3 of the 4 were PA kids. We need our PA OL pipeline to kick in for this class!

I don't really get it either this year. Each of the last three years we pulled in at least one highly regarded high school lineman (Hickey, Trudo, then Knapp and Emerich last year), and ironically 3 of the 4 were PA kids. We need our PA OL pipeline to kick in for this class!
I think Kris Curtis's career ending injury really threw a wrench in our plans. He could have been great here too.

It looks like we're in 3rd behind Wake and ISU for Curtis right now too. Hopefully we can land some kids we may not have been mentioned with like we have the last few years. Gotta make a bowl game and show some progress.
Speaking of JUCOs that are disappointing. Chris Clark seems not to be able to shake the secondary for Nassib to get him the ball.His speed and quickness are being negated at the LOS.:bang:

Speaking of JUCOs that are disappointing. Chris Clark seems not to be able to shake the secondary for Nassib to get him the ball.His speed and quickness are being negated at the LOS.:bang:
Cali, he's our 5th receiver. Also, when you weigh 150 pounds it's a little hard to shake a jam at the line. He's been very solid for a guy that was brought in at the start of camp and could be a nice player for us.

OK I'll buy that but t
Cali, he's our 5th receiver. Also, when you weigh 150 pounds it's a little hard to shake a jam at the line. He's been very solid for a guy that was brought in at the start of camp and could be a nice player for us.
hen I have to think next season he will be stronger to eliminate that problem of getting "jammed up". Add him to next year's batch of WRs that will be there for our new QB.:cool:

I have not seen his film but when SU staggered him on the outside it was a very good thing for Clark and his getting free/open.

OK I'll buy that but t
hen I have to think next season he will be stronger to eliminate that problem of getting "jammed up". Add him to next year's batch of WRs that will be there for our new QB.:cool:
Agree . Now that he has seen the problem,he will in all probability work on that strength to help himself and the team. Its a good thing for our new QB regardless of who it turns out to be. I think the big battle will be with Allen and Kinder. The running aspect may be as important as the passing. I'm not shorting on Wilson at all .He has an excellent chance,especially if his passing is superior in camp.:eek:

Have to wonder if Laray will still trip to Tennessee considering they fired Dooley.

Sweet. Cali replying to himself and agreeing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Who woulda thunk. I thought his Harrison post was great last week, this may be better.

Who woulda thunk. I thought his Harrison post was great last week, this may be better.

Could only be topped if he disagreed with himself.

That is an all time top 10 message board post! LOL ...

Hilarious. Thats some good stuff for a monday morning.

At least he agreed with himself. If he had started an arguement I would have been worried. Entertained, but worried.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2