If we don’t make the tournament next yr, is Red gone? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

If we don’t make the tournament next yr, is Red gone?

Personally, I think Red is going to get a much longer leash than many want in this thread. He will be given every opportunity to be successful here IMO, minimum of 4 years. I think this season was a decent start obviously not a great one, had it’s ups and down but the sooner he has a roster of kids that have no memory or experience of playing for JB he will be as a coach as will the program. anyone posting that Red’s first season was some type of abject failure has an axe to grind an agenda There is a ton of work to do but I think Red will continue to get better and get the roster settled down as he continues to recruit kids out of HS.

dino got a ridiculous amount of time and he wasn’t a Syracuse alumni.

Had dino not won 10 games his third year and ending the season ranked in the top 20 (likely the equivalent of making a sweet sixteen) then he would have been gone.

Two out of 3 ratings I saw were in the 70s, not the 150s. Kids ranked 150 don't get scholarships to go to Kansas.
You’re dug in. Strange. I guess we live in a world where facts don’t really matter anymore.

It’s a weird position to take, but you have the right to take that position.

You’re dug in. Strange. I guess we live in a world where facts don’t really matter anymore.

It’s a weird position to take, but you have the right to take that position.

Facts don't matter to whom?

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 12.08.31 AM.jpg

Had dino not won 10 games his third year and ending the season ranked in the top 20 (likely the equivalent of making a sweet sixteen) then he would have been gone.
yes gone after 4-5 years as opposed to 8 years same time Red will get. If people truly believe that JW will show a lack of patience with Red they clearly aren’t watching very closely or just delusional.

Facts don't matter to whom?

View attachment 239684
I have yet to find any list from a reputable recruiting site that has Cuffe listed in the top 100. You stated he was 78th in Rivals. I literally showed you the Rivals list that had him at 111. You’re either trolling or ignorant. I really don’t care.

Also, you still haven’t shown any list he was Top 50, which was your original claim.

This is kind of a weird hill to die on, but it’s your hill so you are free to die on it.

I have yet to find any list from a reputable recruiting site that has Cuffe listed in the top 100. You stated he was 78th in Rivals. I literally showed you the Rivals list that had him at 111. You’re either trolling or ignorant. I really don’t care.

Also, you still haven’t shown any list he was Top 50, which was your original claim.

This is kind of a weird hill to die on, but it’s your hill so you are free to die on it.

Don't be an ass. You saw the Kansas City newspaper announcing his recruitment, saying he was rated #78. You can read, right?

That was his ESPN rating.

Here's his rating from Rivals. He was #56 at the end of the season. This is from the Kansas basketball team's web site in his player profile.

Univ of Kansas web site excerpt.jpg

And you said he was around 150, which is not vaguely true. 50-75 range was correct. 100-150 was not. Get over yourself.

i'm in no way saying red did a bad job coaching this season. i liked that he switched it up a bit. but he lost a core group of his team to the portal and we have to see how capable he is replenishing and yes even improving upon those losses. this is the new reality . it's no longer give him 3 classes to get his guys. that's the past. so if it's gonna be rebuilding thru the portal then we are free to judge him for who he brings in this year are we not ? and if he can't do it this summer who says next year will be better ? so yes i could see this as his last season unless he shows us he has the skills and ability to navigate the portal , reload and rebuild stronger .

Last edited:
And you said he was around 150, which is not vaguely true. 50-75 range was correct. 100-150 was not. Get over yourself.
“Most places had him 100-150” is what I wrote. As if there isn’t a post you can refer two pages back. Good god man. It’s like your brain refuses to work on this topic.

It’s like you are incapable of saying “my mistake” or “I guess I was misinformed”

This is one of the funnier interactions I’ve ever had on this board. Quite bizarre. This reminds me of the saying “you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.”

i'm in no way saying red did a bad job coaching this season. i liked that he switched it up a bit. but he lost a core group of his team to the portal and we have to see how capable he is replenishing and yes even improving upon those losses. this is the new reality . it's no longer give him 3 classes to get his guys. that's the past. so if it's gonna be rebuilding thru the portal then we are free to judge him for who he brings in this year are we not ? and if he can't do it this summer who says next year will be better ? so yes i could see this as his last season unless he shows us he has the skills and ability to navigate the portal , reload and rebuild stronger .
Again do you really think JW is going to fire red after year 2? Seriously

just got another email and call about the regional development rep "thanking me for my giving - including to Athletics - wanting to meet me in my home, office, or elsewhere"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom