if we got one game back | Syracusefan.com

if we got one game back

upperdeck

Living Legend
knowing we gave away the NW game
seeing now that USC was beatable
Minn just not playing well
Cinci having shots to win

rutgers is the one, if we had won that game we could have won today and locked the BE title up with rutgers/UL still having two games left

We gave away NW and rutgers, had the refs take away Cincy and played like ass vs minny. We should have been 10-1/9-2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree. SU ran up and down the field on Rutgers almost doubling Rutgers in yardage. If not for the 5 TO's (includes blocked FG) SU wins this game going away. Have you ever seen a team get only 237 yards in total offense for a game win it even though the opponent got 450? I've seen it before but not very often.

This season is loaded with "what-ifs". It is a shame the number of stupid mistakes/penalties/turnovers that cost us dearly in the BE race. This school going to a BCS game would be huge for this program.

Huge, huge LVille fan next week!

If using that criteria, do we win USF?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Yes, by more.

We gave away NW and rutgers, had the refs take away Cincy and played like ass vs minny. We should have been 10-1/9-2.

Coulda shoulda woulda, but you are right on the money.

Coulda been 10-1, also could be 3-8 (USF, Mizzou & Pitt).

To be fair, there were 6 toss-up/Pugh-less games that could've gone either way (NU, Minny, Cincy, Rutty [sorry OPA], USF & Mizzou). SU only won 2 of those. A split would've been more appropriate leaving the Orangemen at 7-4. Oh well... there will be a year when most of the breaks go SU's way.

I agree about NW and Rutgirls...what could have been. All that being said we made a Bowl Game that was very much in doubt a few weeks ago. :)

We lost Cincinnati because we played like crap. The refs hurt us early but we were still winning after, that excuse doesn't fly. Make that interception and we win.

The NW and RU games were games we should have had. Minny was tough to watch.

If we could have one game back? I'll take Auburn 1987 please.

No, that's not the one (even though I was at that game). Even had we won it, we still weren't getting the NC.

The game I want back is Miami in the dome 1992. Was at that game as well, and getting stopped 2.5 yards short as time expired is still a very bitter pill. That was a great SU team that could really run it up the gut.

Coulda been 10-1, also could be 3-8 (USF, Mizzou & Pitt).

To be fair, there were 6 toss-up/Pugh-less games that could've gone either way (NU, Minny, Cincy, Rutty [sorry OPA], USF & Mizzou). SU only won 2 of those. A split would've been more appropriate leaving the Orangemen at 7-4. Oh well... there will be a year when most of the breaks go SU's way.

Correction: Leaving SU 8 - 4.

This season really feels like a lost opportunity. At least we are bowling.

This season really feels like a lost opportunity. At least we are bowling.

Boy, I don't feel that way at all. I think this was a team who found themselves.

We could have 8-10 wins right now, is my point, if we hasn't repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot.

Still, such a great way to end the year. Polar opposite of last year's disaster.

I agree. SU ran up and down the field on Rutgers almost doubling Rutgers in yardage. If not for the 5 TO's (includes blocked FG) SU wins this game going away. Have you ever seen a team get only 237 yards in total offense for a game win it even though the opponent got 450? I've seen it before but not very often.
Oh no...now OPA will jump in, yet again, and declare that those TO's and the blocked kick occurred because RU is bigger, stronger and faster than we are. Tick, tick, tick........

rutgers is the one, if we had won that game we could have won today and locked the BE title up with rutgers/UL still having two games left

No disrespect intended, but I always have a problem with that type of reasoning. Whether a loss was self inflicted or not is irrelevant, IMO (other than psychologically).

No, that's not the one (even though I was at that game). Even had we won it, we still weren't getting the NC.

The game I want back is Miami in the dome 1992. Was at that game as well, and getting stopped 2.5 yards short as time expired is still a very bitter pill. That was a great SU team that could really run it up the gut.
That's my favorite SU team that I'm old enough to remember.

Rutgers last year.3 straight bowl seasons would've been great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom