If we lose the bowl game, Marrone is back. | Syracusefan.com

If we lose the bowl game, Marrone is back.

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
His record at SU would then be under .500 and he loses that last impression.

Thoughts?

If my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle. We didn't lose, Marrone is gone, speculation like you suggest is silly, we simply need to move forward. Our new HC is *almost* in place. Get on the phones, maintain the class, lock up the assistants, get ready for the spring game and the ACC. It's a good time to be an SU fan and this should be a very exciting offseason as we answer questions about our QB, staff, and new conference.

which may be why marrone thought that spruill was too important to kick to the curb.

His record at SU would then be under .500 and he loses that last impression.

Thoughts?

His agent had already been contacted by multiple teams before that. That's why he was talking to Payton.

None of those teams were looking at him based on how the team did against WVU.

which may be why marrone thought that spruill was too important to kick to the curb.
Gotta be honest, the Spruill situation was the first thing I thought of when Marrone was official to the Bills.

His agent had already been contacted by multiple teams before that. That's why he was talking to Payton.

None of those teams were looking at him based on how the team did against WVU.

There's a difference between looking and hiring.

If my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle. We didn't lose, Marrone is gone, speculation like you suggest is silly, we simply need to move forward.

I don't know about your aunt with testicles (not that anything is wrong with that), but i thought it was interesting how 1 game could have made such a big difference in perception and therefore SU's situation.

No he's not back. The Bills wouldn't have cared if he was 24-26 or 25-25. That's a silly statement.

There's a difference between looking and hiring.
Didn't Bills GM mentioned yesterday that they started to evaluate Doug as far back to the uconn game?
many here doubt Doug's capability and didn't think that he will get an offer. I for one knew that he is gone once the interview news leaked. Does he need to be more polished to be HC, probably. But he has the tools to be as a good a coach as you can get at both the college and pro levels, IMHO.

Doug was supposedly watching tapes of NFL teams for a while.

Don't think it mattered. He was gone, one way or another.

With all due respect, the bowl game had literally nothing to do to with the interest from the NFL. Fact.

Yep and sometimes things just end up working out better for all parties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom