If we're fortunate enough to win 6-7 games, does anyone have a feel for the bowl scenarios? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we're fortunate enough to win 6-7 games, does anyone have a feel for the bowl scenarios?

I guess I have a 'been there done that" feeling about the Pinstripe bowl and really have no desire to play WVU either. Then again I guess I will be thrilled to be playing anyone in a bowl in any location.

Just speaking for myself, but I think playing West Virginia at Yankee Stadium is as exciting of a scenario that we can hope for short of somehow making it to the BCS.

It's the only bowl venue that Syracuse fans will have a real presence in, and you know West Virginia will travel in numbers. I would be legitimately excited for a chance to beat an historic rival for the 3rd straight year.

Just speaking for myself, but I think playing West Virginia at Yankee Stadium is as exciting of a scenario that we can hope for short of somehow making it to the BCS.

It's the only bowl venue that Syracuse fans will have a real presence in, and you know West Virginia will travel in numbers. I would be legitimately excited for a chance to beat an historic rival for the 3rd straight year.

Realistically will WV lose to Okie St and ISU? That wil have to happen for them to fall to the Pinstripe.

West Virginia would definitely buy tix. We can't expect to see them at the game though; most won't be smart enough to navigate different transportation systems, figure out a map, or follow road signs.

Realistically will WV lose to Okie St and ISU? That wil have to happen for them to fall to the Pinstripe.

I'm not sure of the various scenarios, I was just basing it on CFN's projection. But they just lost to Oklahoma State this past Saturday, and have Oklahoma this coming week.

I would prefer us playing Iowa State in the Pinstripe.

iowa state played there last year unlikely they return the next yr

Why don't the players want the Pinstripe?

Probably because 1/2 of them have been there done that and they all would prefer a warmer spot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd love Pinstripe because rolling out of bed and taking a 40 minute train to a bowl game is awesome. Belk'd be fine as well, I have family in Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the Big East's situation with each bowl, contractually? Meaning, how many years are left for each?

I would think the BE would prefer to put teams that will be in the conference next year in bowls that they have a relationship with next year as well.

We'd get a good turnout in NYC or Charlotte.

Makes you wonder who gets the final call. The concept of going by actual conference rank was proven irrelevant as far back as 2001, so every time I see people using that methodology I start wondering if that's how it works now? Otherwise, rank doesn't matter. So does the bowl itself get the final call, or does the league?

If it's the bowl's call to make with the priority of BCS, Russell Athletic (Orlando), Belk (Charlotte), Pinstripe (NYC), then I think people may want to start planning for Charlotte. If you're Belk, who would you rather have? An ACC team starting next year, with a bigger national name, a high powered offense, and one that probably has enough transplants living in your area to draw a nice crowd? Or Cincy. Or Rutgers.

Maybe Belk wants to avoid a 6-6 SU team. Who knows. But if we beat Mizzou, we're 7-5, we're on a 3 game winning streak, we have a top 25 offense (maybe Top 20 by then), I don't think we're sticking around long enough for the Pinstripe to pick. And that's a good thing. Means we're more attractive.

West Virginia would definitely buy tix. We can't expect to see them at the game though; most won't be smart enough to navigate different transportation systems, figure out a map, or follow road signs.

NYC folk don't take too kindly to pickup trucks and tractors clogging the tunnels. If we play WVU (IMHO the best case scenario team for us in NYC, UT the second choice) the Schwartzwalder Trophy should be put up for grabs. Hopefully we play WVU a few times every decade.

I hate to say it...but the Birmingham Bowl works out best for me...however I hope we get a better bowl.

Makes you wonder who gets the final call. The concept of going by actual conference rank was proven irrelevant as far back as 2001, so every time I see people using that methodology I start wondering if that's how it works now? Otherwise, rank doesn't matter. So does the bowl itself get the final call, or does the league?

If it's the bowl's call to make with the priority of BCS, Russell Athletic (Orlando), Belk (Charlotte), Pinstripe (NYC), then I think people may want to start planning for Charlotte. If you're Belk, who would you rather have? An ACC team starting next year, with a bigger national name, a high powered offense, and one that probably has enough transplants living in your area to draw a nice crowd? Or Cincy. Or Rutgers.

Maybe Belk wants to avoid a 6-6 SU team. Who knows. But if we beat Mizzou, we're 7-5, we're on a 3 game winning streak, we have a top 25 offense (maybe Top 20 by then), I don't think we're sticking around long enough for the Pinstripe to pick. And that's a good thing. Means we're more attractive.

Think it just comes down to there being no marquee names left in the BE, so makes sense to go to by rankings.

I'd rather be less attractive and be in the Pinstripe.

NYC folk don't take too kindly to pickup trucks and tractors clogging the tunnels. If we play WVU (IMHO the best case scenario team for us in NYC, UT the second choice) the Schwartzwalder Trophy should be put up for grabs. Hopefully we play WVU a few times every decade.

I hate to say it...but the Birmingham Bowl works out best for me...however I hope we get a better bowl.
Speaking of attractive, who is that girl? What country was she from? I think I'm in love. I just watch her bounce around over and over and over and....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom