if we're still in the big east next year... | Syracusefan.com

if we're still in the big east next year...

Jaycuse1

Walk On
we have an extra non-conference game to schedule with the loss of TCU on the schedule...any suggestions as to who you'd like to see?

I say offer that game and then play another home and home. Play at Wyoming, then host them, then at Wyoming again. Show them we can make it right plus add another home and home.

I'd like a wrong a right!!! We should paly at Wyoming

Sure. Right after East Crackerlina makes up that game they canceled on us. And Ohio State reinstates that home-and-home they canceled.

Why not find a way to play BC? They were on the schedule have they filled their dance card yet?

I say offer that game and then play another home and home. Play at Wyoming, then host them, then at Wyoming again. Show them we can make it right plus add another home and home.

Why should we care about Wyoming?

BC is full every year until 2016. http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/acc/boston-college-eagles.php

There are probably some WAC schools that need opponents next year; the WAC is losing three teams and picking up only two.

Thanks, if SU has to play 9 ACC games it'll hurt trying to get a H&H to fill this slot with somebody so I'd venture a guess it'll be a team that's ok just coming to Syracuse.

Why should we care? Because we have class!
We are not East Carolina, we are a BCS school.
Do you remember Florida State helping us out a few years back when we needed a game.

we have an extra non-conference game to schedule with the loss of TCU on the schedule...any suggestions as to who you'd like to see?

Losing the game against TCU is great - with that schedule we were going to get wrecked next year.

Losing the game against TCU is great - with that schedule we were going to get wrecked next year.

Why? Is TCU still good or something? Last I checked Andy Dalton graduated, their defense has tanked and they just lost to SMU.

TCU probably won't need a game. They already have four OOC games scheduled (One of them is Oklahoma). If the Big XII plays a nine-game conference schedule, they're full.

I'd just bring in a 1-AA and bank some home game money toward our buyout. We don't have one currently scheduled, although the 2012 schedule linked above has this note:

#=An article in the Albany Times-Union published 1/27/11 indicates Villanova will open its 2012 season with a game against Syracuse, presumably to be held at the Carrier Dome. Given that Syracuse already has commitments for 12 games in 2012, the report comes from the high school coach of a Villanova recruit and has not been verified by another source, it is not clear this report is accurate.

If that's true, we're all set.

When I started this post, I assumed that we already had a 1-AA game on the slate and was going to make the case to schedule a 2nd one. However, I checked the schedule in mid-post and found that the remaining OOC is Northwestern, USC, Minnesota, and Tulane. So without a 1-AA patsy on there yet, it's a no-brainer.

Why should we care about Wyoming?

Seriously... People in Wyoming don't care about Wyoming, don't care about Syracuse and probably don't even remember. If we ever play a game in that stadium, the cost of travel shoudl be taken out of the salaries of everyone in the athletic department involved with the decision.

Personally for that 12th game, I hope we can work in a trip to Greenville, NC. Lovely this time of year.

Why should we care? Because we have class!
We are not East Carolina, we are a BCS school.
Do you remember Florida State helping us out a few years back when we needed a game.

BINGO! Agree on all points.

Seems to me that if we have an opportunity we ought to try and schedule an ACC team. We have played a lot of them in the past. Some of them might have 1-AA teams scheduled that they'd like to jettison.

It would be a game with above average interest ... sort of a "preview" of things to come. And it would give us a leg up in understanding at least one team in the ACC better than we do today.

Home and Home w/ Georgia. A name school that has underachieved greatly, in a State that may actually be the most talent-rich in the nation.