If you could bank 15-3 ACC right now | Syracusefan.com

If you could bank 15-3 ACC right now

moqui

generational talent
would you take it?

I would. Even if a 9-3 close might seem like a disappointment after a 19-0 start, I think 15-3 might be hard to come by but would certainly give us Buffalo/MSG even if it was a 2 seed

would you take it?

I would. Even if a 9-3 close might seem like a disappointment after a 19-0 start, I think 15-3 might be hard to come by but would certainly give us Buffalo/MSG even if it was a 2 seed
I predicted four conference losses so what do I know. What I do know is that it is never easy to win on the road. That's a given. However sign me up for an undefeated home sked.

would you take it?

yes, 15-3 should win acc outright. 14-4 might be a tie

would you take it?

While I would "take it", here's how I look at it. If we go 10-0 (which is a good possibility) then the 3 losses most are assuming (if they assume three losses) really means 5-3 down the stretch.

Is this possible? Sure. But I'm not sure this year's team is that kind of team.

I'm thinking more and more we might end up 16-2 or 17-1.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil

yes, 15-3 should win acc outright. 14-4 might be a tie

While it might, I could see Pitt, especially if they beat us as one of our three losses, going 16-2. Their schedule is very favorably for that type of run.

Cheers,
Neil

I'd take 15-3 as long as that means we win the ACC. I've always stated that we will get a #1 seed if we win the ACC with no more than 4 losses.

While it might, I could see Pitt, especially if they beat us as one of our three losses, going 16-2. Their schedule is very favorably for that type of run.

Cheers,
Neil
Did you change your name again?

Yes.

Using Pomeroy's win %'s we have about a 30% chance of finishing 15-3, 29% chance of finishing better, but a 41% of finishing worse.

Yes.

Using Pomeroy's win %'s we have about a 30% chance of finishing 15-3, 29% chance of finishing better, but a 41% of finishing worse.
just curious, what does it say about pity?

No, I want to see our guys play it out and I think we can make its 2 loss or even 1 loss regular season. At Duke, Pitt and VA are tough tough games plus we have a bunch on the road at the end but I feel like this team can handle it.

I'm sticking with my pre-season prediction of 16-2 (in the Iggy Award contest).

I will take it as long as it does not include a What loss and we learn something about the team they can improve on in the process. Based on how pitt and duke look winning at their place will be a tall task given the homecourt advantage and typical home cooking officiating.

i'd take 15-3 if there were no injuries or suspensions

Are we scared that we are gonna go 14-4? 13-5? No thanks.

Maybe we drop a random game. I don't see why we can't take one at the Pete or at Cameron. 15-3 might be our floor.

would you take it?

I think that's probably where we'll end up, but just a couple years ago, we had a 1 loss season in one of the toughest versions of the Big East in modern times. I think the risk of this team falling into a slump and losing 6 games down the stretch is far less likely than this team going thru the ACC with only 2 losses, and maybe only 1, if we can win at the Pete.

My biggest concern is lack of bench scoring. We started slowly with Coleman, but we could bring Grant off the bench for a shot of energy. We really could use Roberson working himself into the lineup, if he could give us the occasional 6 or 8 points and a few rebounds off the bench .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom