If you could bank 15-3 ACC right now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If you could bank 15-3 ACC right now

I actually would not take that. I think we go in to the tournament with at most 3 losses, but that doesn't mean they're all regular season losses.

As long as they weren't all at the very end. The goal is Buffalo and NYC.

I would take 15-3. That's losing at The Pete, Cameron and one more loss. Maybe at UVA. If that were the case we would be a #1 seed.

No, but if I did it would have the provision that the loses aren't to Pitt or Duke.

Note to all, we are now in the mid-season swoon period - is this Syracuse myth fact or fiction.

would you take it?

I would. Even if a 9-3 close might seem like a disappointment after a 19-0 start, I think 15-3 might be hard to come by but would certainly give us Buffalo/MSG even if it was a 2 seed

The "swoon" is overrated. We just happen to play tougher teams during this time. ...o ften on the road.

would you take it?

I would. Even if a 9-3 close might seem like a disappointment after a 19-0 start, I think 15-3 might be hard to come by but would certainly give us Buffalo/MSG even if it was a 2 seed
Pitt has emerged as by far our biggest concern regarding getted seeded in the Eastern regional. If you care about SU getting slotted to the Buffalo/NYC road to the Final Four, you want Duke to beat Pitt tonight.

sutomcat said:
Pitt has emerged as by far our biggest concern regarding getted seeded in the Eastern regional. If you care about SU getting slotted to the Buffalo/NYC road to the Final Four, you want Duke to beat Pitt tonight.

Without a don't. GO DUKE!!!!

I hate both teams with a passion. But you're right. Duke winning makes the game at PEC less important. On the other hand, if we win at PEC, the outcome of tonight's game doesn't matter that much. No matter who wins tonight though, what matters more is our game Wed.

That said, I'm going with the lessor of two evils and rooting for Duke...That almost made me throw up...

Whatever gets us in the East region, I'm all in.

I hate both teams with a passion. But you're right. Duke winning makes the game at PEC less important. On the other hand, if we win at PEC, the outcome of tonight's game doesn't matter that much. No matter who wins tonight though, what matters more is our game Wed.

That said, I'm going with the lessor of two evils and rooting for Duke...That almost made me throw up...
Tis an unholy and awful thing to be put in this position. Go Duke!

I would take it. Actually, that's how I think we'll end up.

The good ACC teams are improving. We have a lot of tough away games coming up, and all the teams will likely be ready for us. We have the target on our back now.

I'm just not sure where we stand in the scheme of things right now. I think that 15-3 gets us Buffalo and MSG.
Sign me up.

Except that we have beaten some good teams in Pitt, Nova, Minnesota and Baylor.
I'll give you Pitt and Nova, but they were home games. Out in Hawaii, it turns out that Baylor is a bubble team at best, and Minnesota may be on the bubble themselves when all is said and done.

At best, in our road/neutral games, we've played two teams in the lower half of the bracket (Minny & Baylor) , three hoping for the NIT (Cal, SJU & Miami) and a couple who aren't even CBI quality (BC & VPI). We are not getting tested away from home by true NCAA caliber squads until the second half of the ACC schedule.

So in the 15-3 quest or better...

SU fell from 59% to 58%
Pitt fell from 57% to 23%
Duke rose from 9% to 30%
UVA rose from 12% to 17%

based on tonight's results.

The way I look at it, even if we go 15-3 in the ACC that still means we'll end the regular season with a record of 28-3. I think every single one of us would have signed up for that at the start of the season.

I wouldn't take that ever, K NO. Run the table in the regular season, start Siock, Speara, Erick Rodgers, Pete Wynn, and Joel Katz when the ACC tourney comes around. thing.

RUN THE TABLE... and lay down in the ACC tourney, don't make it obvious though:)

Some interesting posts in this one. In hindsight, of course.

Some interesting posts in this one. In hindsight, of course.
We will get 15-3. And when the question was asked, the correct answer was no. Who could have seen us losing at home to Boston College?

To me the most interesting is that nobody was really thinking about UVA at all and almost everyone saw Pitt as the big threat.

Not with a team that is headed the wrong way. I would rather have 12-6 clawing and scracthing fighting for every point and playing its best balll right now.

Not with a team that is headed the wrong way. I would rather have 12-6 clawing and scracthing fighting for every point and playing its best balll right now.

Exactly. You want an upward trajectory. But, it's hard to go upward when you are on top to begin with. I really hate seasons like that.

Chalk it up to blue shorts and a short bench and go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom