• Win the Big East title in our final season

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Win the ACC title in our first season

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moqui

generational talent
would you rather win the Big East conference title in our final year, or the ACC title in our first year?

No brainer...ACC... see MGP's comments above.

I want to win now and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. So lets win the last real Big East Championship and go 2-3 in the ACC!

Beer was my answer before I read your post.

After reading that I want to win the big east in our last year. Stamp our legacy as the greatest big east team ever.

For me, if I could only have one thing, it'd either be air or world peace.

Or a final BE title. Because we can still win an ACC title next year, whereas if we say no to a BE title in favor of a future BE title, you can't go back in time and also win the BE title.

Unless you have a DeLorean and a hoverboard, the second of which Mattel still has 3 years to create. Or else.

It would kill all the other Big East teams to see us leaving with the final regular season title, never to return; I think that would be huge, sticking it right to Pitt, Louisville, UConn, etc that we're taking this title with us.

But I choose both.

Big east, cuz march 2013 will be here much sooner than march 2014

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

are we talking tournament, regular season, both?

if tournament, definitely BE, since i am a lot more likely to be there than at the acc in 2014. Regular season; still probably BE. 3 out of 4 to leave the conference would be sweet

If Louisville is as good as advertised, I'd go with this year since that means we'd be a top 2 or 3 team heading into the tourney.

First one is always first , Big East title . Then we can get after are next title . Let the ACC figure out the Cuse Zone !

Win the Big East...and have JB scream: "The Big East is officially closed" as he walks off the podium at the presser

For years the BE title has been the most prestigious of all conference titles, and it still is. I'll take the lights, the media, the Garden, the Empire State building and the BE title...

Big East. I want to be the last Badasses to walk through the *real* Big East. And not gonna lie i'm hoping everyone in the BE has a great year. It'd suck if the last year of the best bball conference was shitty.

Big East. I want to be the last Badasses to walk through the *real* Big East. And not gonna lie i'm hoping everyone in the BE has a great year. It'd suck if the last year of the best bball conference was shitty.
That gives me the image of us at the end of a western, bloodied and asking Pitt for a smoke. UConn is over by the door looking for a way out. DePaul was shot dead 20 minutes ago. Georgetown is adjusting its glasses, trying to remain calm while gazing at us, fighting the belief we could leave them. No one notices whether or not Providence is there, and Louisville is sidling up to us, hoping to ride out coattails the hell out of Dodge.

We twirl our guns, nod knowingly at Pitt, and spring out the door guns blazing. Villanova tries to follow but doesn't realize they have the firepower; they are gunned down immediately. South Florida disappears into the shadows of its bigger brothers, waiting to be saved. Sadly no one is stepping up to save them.

And let's just assume Pitt takes a bullet to the shin, because them. Syracuse is the winner.

That gives me the image of us at the end of a western, bloodied and asking Pitt for a smoke. UConn is over by the door looking for a way out. DePaul was shot dead 20 minutes ago. Georgetown is adjusting its glasses, trying to remain calm while gazing at us, fighting the belief we could leave them. No one notices whether or not Providence is there, and Louisville is sidling up to us, hoping to ride out coattails the hell out of Dodge.

We twirl our guns, nod knowingly at Pitt, and spring out the door guns blazing. Villanova tries to follow but doesn't realize they have the firepower; they are gunned down immediately. South Florida disappears into the shadows of its bigger brothers, waiting to be saved. Sadly no one is stepping up to save them.

And let's just assume Pitt takes a bullet to the shin, because them. Syracuse is the winner.

I wish i could like that more than once. It's such a beautiful image. I wish there was an emoticon that cried a single manly tear.

Have to look to the future. Establishing ourselves as the head of the class in our first year in the ACC would be a much bigger prize, to get some rivalries going. Also, what if the shoe were on the other foot, we were staying in the BE and Duke were to join and win the BE in their 1st year? Wouldn't that just piss you off?! Be honest. Our BE history is known. Time to start building our ACC legacy and the sooner the better.

But its a moot point. We'll have both!

I wish i could like that more than once. It's such a beautiful image. I wish there was an emoticon that cried a single manly tear.
next best thing
tumblrmamhf38mlw1qfjga9.gif

ACC- Who cares about mid-season trophies. I'd much rather join the ACC as National Champion and then make Roy cry again next year.

If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account. You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe. And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it. Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money. And then the kids. Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. Thank you everybody and Merry Christmas.

Metta world peace? Didn't know you swing that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

ACC. It will be our new home and coming in as a winner will be good for recruiting. Kids going to Puke or NC or NCS might lean our way instead. Everyone wants a winner.

I don't get the sentiment of wanting to screw the Big East, ie rub a final Big East championship in their face. The league was good to us and our departure helped take it down. Why should we want to punish them. What juvenile thought that would be. One more championship is not going to mean squat in Big East history, and with the coming demise of the Big East an additional champ;ionship would be even more meaningless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom