If you could realistically choose, what seed would you make SU and why? | Syracusefan.com

If you could realistically choose, what seed would you make SU and why?

JrodCuse

All Conference
Fun little question of positivity instead of the usual worrying.

I’d go with an 8 seed and get the 8/9 game. I want to face one of the top teams. The chances of SU realistically winning it all this year is slim. So if we’re gonna lose I’d prefer it to be vs a 1 seed because we definitely have the potential to beat one if FT making SU shows up.

What do you guys think?

avoid the 8/9

would rather have 10/11 than 8/9

the ceiling is most likely a 6, my hunch is a 7 and there is no doubt we draw Washington coached by some guy named Mike Hopkins

I would love to be on the 6/11 line at either position...I don't want the 8/9 position but if we're in, we're in

i'd like to be a 1 seed and draw the 2013 montana grizzlies
Seth Davis would pick the Grizz. 7 seed is what I'm realistically hoping for. 6 seems out of the question at this point. 8/9 sucks because you get the 1 seed in 2nd round. Would rather have 10 seed than 8/9. 11 seed is dicey because you have a 50% chance as an 11 to be in the play-in game.

The highest seed we can possibly get. So win out and get a...4 or so?

10 or 11 for this year. It's far better to be an 11 than 8-10.

avoid the 8/9

would rather have 10/11 than 8/9

the ceiling is most likely a 6, my hunch is a 7 and there is no doubt we draw Washington coached by some guy named Mike Hopkins
Yea I'd with you id rather stay away from the 8 seed. That game whoever we could play could be a tough team and if you can win that game ur reward is a tough 1 seed so yes id rather stay away from that one. Hopefully we can finish strong to real strong and get to a 6 would be nice

If we can win 2 of our last 3 games we might get a 7, but realistically probably an 8. Then if we can do some damage in the ACC tourney we could jump to a 6 depending on what so many other teams do. Seems those bracket forecasts keep us jumping back and forth against Washington.

I was hoping for a 7 at worst. Knowing how Syracuse tends to draw in the tourney I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck us at the 8 in the Southeast against UNC. Not sure if they already set the locations but a regional against UNC in Greensboro would be funny.

games left:

1)UVA
2)at Clemson
3)first round ACC
4)quarterfinals of ACC

Possible outcomes

1)win 2 and 3 above, and lose 1 and 4, looking at an 8 seed
2)win 3 of 4, looking at a 7 seed.
3)win all 4, and get to the semi finals, a 6 is a lock and maybe even higher.
4)lose next 3 games, looking at a 10 seed.
3)win 1 of 3 games, looking at a 9 seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom