If you look at the offensiive coordinators for basically the | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you look at the offensiive coordinators for basically the

Power Football beats Finesse every Time. Marrone overthinks the Game , 4th and inches and Kicks? How do the kids feel about that? Enough of these throw to the sideline laterals and hope the receiver can beat his man,Throw the Ball down Field more than 7 yds. Marrone has to show confidence in his team.

Power football with a 220 pound center doesn't work

When AAM plays are we going to be the only team whose RB outweighs their Center?

Agree 100% doesn't need to be passing offense, just productive and somewhat explosive at times with big plays

Yeah, this is my feeling. I could not care less what kind of offense it is and, realistically, they all have tradeoffs. If you have a wide open air attack you can get hung up against good defenses who get very physical or you can run into problems in the red zone. If you have a spread, wide open running offense, there will be games you need to throw the ball to win.

You are always going to have challenges. But the simple fact is that we need some type of offense and saying "we don't have the horses yet" only goes so far for many, many reasons.

Yeah, this is my feeling. I could not care less what kind of offense it is and, realistically, they all have tradeoffs. If you have a wide open air attack you can get hung up against good defenses who get very physical or you can run into problems in the red zone. If you have a spread, wide open running offense, there will be games you need to throw the ball to win.

You are always going to have challenges. But the simple fact is that we need some type of offense and saying "we don't have the horses yet" only goes so far for many, many reasons.

Its year 3 not year 1, the horse stuff is an excuse, you either failed in recruiting or failed with the vision the system or the development, I think its both. I think Marrone has done a great job running this program, turning things around, etc etc. I just think he has whiffed and whiffed big with the offense. Year 3 people, year 3

Its year 3 not year 1, the horse stuff is an excuse, you either failed in recruiting or failed with the vision the system or the development, I think its both. I think Marrone has done a great job running this program, turning things around, etc etc. I just think he has whiffed and whiffed big with the offense. Year 3 people, year 3

Yeah, I tend to look at system and coaching on the offensive side of the ball b/c I think it's too early to judge recruits. It's year 3, but one of his classes is true frosh, the other is only partially his since he was recruiting for 2 months or what have you. The class that is sophomores hasn't been real impressive but that group was also defense heavy.

I just think "horses" in general are a little bit overrated and the easy excuse for fan bases. One of my favorite college teams ever, 93 Notre Dame (people will hate me for this, I know), nearly won a national title with Lee Becton and Ray Zellers in the backfield, Kevin McDougal at QB and a group of no-name WRs. That's after three years of Reggie Brooks, Rick Mirer and Jerome Bettis were the backfield.

I could care less whether we pass or run our way to victory... I'm at the point right now where I would happily go back to the freeze option. At least we were able to sustain a consistent running game with that offense with a few deep passes thrown in for fun. The offense we have now seems to be the worst part of the pro offense and the spread mangled into one horrible putrid mechanical mess.

I agree with each and everyone of IB's posts on this subject, Marrone has totally whiffed on the offensive side of the ball. I just really hope that he is not too stubborn to see it and change his ways. Sadly I don't really have all that much hope for it, I forsee another BE season of grind it out games where our entire offense is predicated around hitting the TE or the RB in the flat or hitting chew deep. We won't see one screen pass or one crossing route over the middle and every game will be a grinder assuming our defense doesn't give up enough big plays to keep it close.

Next year it will be more of the same

220 now? He should be under 200 by January.

Hell, I'm willing to bet that by senior day 2013, Macky will be just a shade over 100 pounds according to this forum.