if you throw out louisville, the defense is only 83rd in yards per play | Syracusefan.com

if you throw out louisville, the defense is only 83rd in yards per play

Millhouse

Living Legend
BUT HOW WAS THE PLAY MRS LINCOLN?!?

I know

but considering how bad and banged up the secondary is and how young the defensive line is, maybe it's not all bad.

the offense will be near the top in a year or two, it's not inconceivable that the defense could venture near average. if that happens, we'll have a special season with a little luck

we haven really let teams just drive down the field most of the year.. its the total break down plays that have killed us for huge chunks. if teams can just run 4-5-6 yds a play down the field with 10-12 play drives there is little you can do. 7 games in we had 3 games with just huge chunk plays and lost , 3 games were we allowed almost none and won and one game in a hurricane which probably would have netted out the same no matter the weather for the wake offense

BUT HOW WAS THE PLAY MRS LINCOLN?!?

I know

but considering how bad and banged up the secondary is and how young the defensive line is, maybe it's not all bad.

the offense will be near the top in a year or two, it's not inconceivable that the defense could venture near average. if that happens, we'll have a special season with a little luck

The last two weeks the defense has played in a manner where if on offense pts match up with the play and yard vol. has us competing with anyone in the conference.

The last two weeks the defense has played in a manner where if on offense pts match up with the play and yard vol. has us competing with anyone in the conference.

Exactly, the defense is going to be just fine as long as the offense gets to the point where they are putting the points on the board that would reflect all the yards. D will be on the field less, give up less explosive plays and if they give up some point than so be it. It's the blueprint for sure. We are never going to be a team that hopes to win with 20 points on the board and playing field position. It all has to kind of blend together for it to be really good. Still a ways to go for sure and there will be additional setbacks.

I also think the ACC is getting better too, NC St, Wake, VT, Miami, UNC, Duke it's tough out there. UVA will come along as well, IMO. Not an easy task ahead by any means

Exactly, the defense is going to be just fine as long as the offense gets to the point where they are putting the points on the board that would reflect all the yards. D will be on the field less, give up less explosive plays and if they give up some point than so be it. It's the blueprint for sure. We are never going to be a team that hopes to win with 20 points on the board and playing field position. It all has to kind of blend together for it to be really good. Still a ways to go for sure and there will be additional setbacks.

I also think the ACC is getting better too, NC St, Wake, VT, Miami, UNC, it's tough out there
yeah, i will be much happier with 6 win seasons than i used to be just because of schedule

simple rating system has this year being the 6th best year ever for SU haha just because the schedule is so much harder so far

3rd best year since they won the national championship (96 and 87, then 2016)

Syracuse Orange Index | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom