If you wanna feel crappy about the 'Cuse... | Syracusefan.com

If you wanna feel crappy about the 'Cuse...

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
If you wanna feel crappy about the 'Cuse, just hop on over to a forum of some of the ACC schools.

Just finished reading threads on NC State & UNC's boards and BOTH of their fanbases have zero respect for Cuse football - saying 'Cuse brings nothing to the table and only increases the ACC's rep as a mediocre football conference.

Someone please tell me what the hell UNC and/or NC State have done in the last 3 decades that comes even close to what 'Cuse accomplished sans the G-Rob-era debacle.

Since 1985, Cuse is 10-4-1 in bowl games - including wins over "big time" programs such Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, and Clemson.

And that includes the WORST 7 year stretch in school history.

How many other schools can say this?

Answer: Very few

EDIT: Just checked and UNC is 7-6 in Bowl Games over that same span - including 0-3 against teams from the Big East and ZERO Orange, Fiesta, Rose or Sugar Bowls.

TARHEEL BOWL HISTORY
http://www.tarheeltimes.com/football/bowl-games.aspx

ACC fans think that they can take schools from other bigger conferences. In other words they are delusional.

UNC Football can hold their heads up high as they certainly can cheat with the best of them. Too bad they got caught. Schucks. And NC State hasn't been relevant since the Torry Holt days. They won't like being swept by PITT and SU every year. :)

If you wanna feel crappy about the 'Cuse, just hop on over to a forum of some of the ACC schools.

Just finished reading threads on NC State & UNC's boards and BOTH of their fanbases have zero respect for Cuse football - saying 'Cuse brings nothing to the table and only increases the ACC's rep as a mediocre football conference.

Someone please tell me what the hell UNC and/or NC State have done in the last 3 decades that comes even close to what 'Cuse accomplished sans the G-Rob-era debacle.

Since 1985, Cuse is 10-4-1 in bowl games - including wins over "big time" programs such Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, and Clemson.

And that includes the WORST 7 year stretch in school history.

How many other schools can say this?

Answer: Very few
--------------

That's why I'm not unhappy SU missed out as ACC school 12, being an isolated northeast school, like BC, in a southern based conference.

This time SU joins with Pitt, BC, Miami, Maryland along with the VA and other schools in a true east coast conference akin to the PAC.

I'm quite certain that nobody who posts on Inside Carolina actually went to UNC-Chapel Hill. That place is a cesspool of idiocy and always has been.

Hey UNC's football team is way better at NCAA violations than ours has ever been!

Trolling the ACC boards to see reaction changed my impression of Duke. Their Scout board had by far the most intelligent and strategic analysis (guess those guys really are smart). Some feel the move is meant to block the B1G from expanding east and enabling the ACC to dominate the whole eastern seaboard with the real threat the B1G not SEC. By my unscientific browsing, close to 90% favor adding SU and Pitt --- not surprising because they are much more basketball centered than other fan bases. The UNC fan reaction I'd say is 85% negative about the move with lots of disparaging comments. Most of the other fan boards were negative too, though not as much as UNC. Joining a new club will not be a picnic with that type of fan reception.