If you were forced to choose one or the other... | Syracusefan.com

If you were forced to choose one or the other...

Eric15

Living Legend
Would you rather lose to BC and beat Duke tomorrow, or have beaten BC last week and lose to Duke tomorrow?

Would you rather lose to BC and beat Duke tomorrow, or have beaten BC last week and lose to Duke tomorrow?

Last week? Some of us are better at forgetting lose than others.

Beat Duke. If we do that, the BC loss will look like just one of those slip ups that happen. Basically I agree with what JohnCuse44 says about. My brain is just too tired to express it properly.

It will be truly maddening to Duke fans if we beat them after stinking it up against the worst team in the conference.

Beat Duke absolutely.

If we had beat BC and then lose to Duke the general sentiment would be that we had been exposed in the past 3 - 4 games and perhaps were never as good as our undefeated record. A loss to BC followed by a victory over Duke makes the loss look far more flukish.

Now that's my kind of question.;)

But it's more interesting when you ask it while there is still an option.

Call me crazy, but the bc loss is going to sting for a while, we already have a win over duke, so I would say give me the bc game.

Beat Duke, and here's why:

We could have won against Boston College by playing badly (as we did against State and others); that wouldn't do much for our team. If we beat Duke, that'll probably mean we played well. It'd be a positive if we were to start playing well again.

Duke of course. Then I'd use magic beans and go back in time and have 'Cuse play like they shoulda and cream BC.

You're crazy.

The thing is five years from now people are going to be talking about how a 6 win team beat us, if we sweep duke, very few people are going to remember it.

The thing is five years from now people are going to be talking about how a 6 win team beat us, if we sweep duke, very few people are going to remember it.

If this team has a nice postseason run, nobody is going to take about--nor care about--losing to a 6 win team. If we sweep Duke, we'll be reminiscing about that in perpetuity.

Duke fans would remember it.;)

If this team has a nice postseason run, nobody is going to take about--nor care about--losing to a 6 win team. If we sweep Duke, we'll be reminiscing about that in perpetuity.
And beat them again in the ACC tournament. What a glorious way to enter the ACC.

We will, but people who aren't syracuse fans won't. Even if we win the national title, people are going to say that is the team that lost to a 6 win bc team at home as the number one team in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom