If you're Coach Hackett what's your first play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you're Coach Hackett what's your first play

I like the playaction deep ball idea above if it were my call - but I think we actually get a handoff to start the game to try to settle some nerves before airing it out.

call on offense in tomorrow nights game?

I call a play action, deep pass to Van Chew.

I want to make a statement of intent, and you want to get/keep the crowd electrified.
Not the end around that early. I prefer the straight up deep post or a slant. Conventional thinking is a handoff to crunch helmets and pads the first time. A quick opener for Bailey if the O-line feels good is fine as well. A deep out to Provo works as well. It doesn't have to be a trick play,just well executed.

Give the ball to the offenses captain to start the season, he has paid his dues

Run it down their throats. We need to dictate that we are the more physical team.
Its a plan that I'm good with. Mean and Orange. Give me at least 30 points and 400 yards toal offense or more on each please.;)

Adam Harris, off tackle. To honor Deleone and Pasqualoni being back in the league

I like the playaction deep ball idea above if it were my call - but I think we actually get a handoff to start the game to try to settle some nerves before airing it out.

Agree with those who say the pass to the TE. Stretch them out, then hit Provo.

Unfortunately, our best deep threat is gone. But it's gotta be play action to set up the bomb. I say somebody other than Chew, though, he's not fast enough.
Whose are best deep threat?

Sales?

Adam Harris, off tackle. To honor Deleone and Pasqualoni being back in the league
Except P and D rarely ran the FB.

Option reverse would be a better tribute.

Bubble screen to Bailey. Get the ball in his hands in space and watch him do his thing. That kid is going to be electric this year!

Option to the short side of the field.

Definitely a fake WR reverse to Graham with long sideline route connection between Nassib and Chew. Nerves? F*** 'em!

Pistol formation. 7 yard sack.

Oh wait...GRob is gone. Never mind.

Run the first play from the Ernie Davis Scrimmage that was a slant over the middle to Lemon for an 80 yard touchdown.

call on offense in tomorrow nights game?

I call a play action, deep pass to Van Chew.

I want to make a statement of intent, and you want to get/keep the crowd electrified.

That's the play. Marrone was willing to pass anytime, anywhere last year. I think he has lots of confidence in Ryan and he likes his WR's.

I think he sends a message right out of the box. Even if the pass falls incomplete, Wake will think twice about loading the box and Ant will have a little more room to operate

Let our offensive line make a statement on the first drive. First play we ram it down their throats on a ten yard run by Bailey.

We have a veteran offensive line and QB.

Wake is playing their first game in a new defense, which we have no tape on.

What do you do on the first drive?

No huddle.

Rob Moore suits up, almost forgets he's supposed to be on the field for the first play then goes house.