If you've ever wondered why JB goes zone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you've ever wondered why JB goes zone

I feel like igor has some sort of "Google Alerts" type system set up on this website. Mention certain words or phrases and he is sure to magically appear with his wisdom and wax poetically on his hatred for JB and the zone.
it's the IgorBot 5000

You are right about Granger, but who was the guy who hit the gamewinner? I seem to remember (for what it is worth obviously) was he was number 2. The picture in my mind it was a layup or a tip from the right of the hoop.
It was the game after which Hawkins had an issue and we looked like the Lakers for 4/5ths of the game and then *pop*.
The shooter was named Dwan Chandler. He shot from the top of the key.

Thank you and to think everytime in the last 30 yrs I have watched "King Solomon's Mines" I was reminded of this game. Damned!

Zone Out of bounds 100% if the time, watch the end if the Illinois- Indiana game. That doesn't happen against a zone.

Agreed...BUT He didn't go zone OOB in the biggest moment in his career...for what it's worth (Kansas up 3)

I believe we're mashing up about 3 seperate games here.

Agreed...BUT He didn't go zone OOB in the biggest moment in his career...for what it's worth (Kansas up 3)
That was side out, not under the hoop.

But you're right--regardless of where the ball was put in play, they were going to press out on the perimeter shooters. Which is why making one of two at the line just before that (was it Duany?) was so important.

I believe we're mashing up about 3 seperate games here.
We actually played BC three years in a row at the BET. Lost in the QF at Hartford. Lost in the Semis the first year at MSG. Won in the QF the next year.

Wasn't the 1st msg game the 8 pt. debacle? Or was that Hartford? One of the worst collapses I ever saw, and that was before the 3 pt. shot.:mad:

Wasn't the 1st msg game the 8 pt. debacle? Or was that Hartford? One of the worst collapses I ever saw, and that was before the 3 pt. shot.:mad:
Perhaps the debacles are melding in my mind...but wasn't the 8 point game during the regular season in '84?
We were up 8 with a minute to go (pre- 3-point shot) and lost in OT.
Same game in which BC's Martin Clark got into a shoving match with his coach, Gary Williams.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...tsvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mPsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6620,5258898

That game was their revenge for Pearl's halfcourt shot earlier in the season.

Hartford was the collapse. Made me physically ill.

We actually played BC three years in a row at the BET. Lost in the QF at Hartford. Lost in the Semis the first year at MSG. Won in the QF the next year.

In that last QF game, did BC have a shot at the end that spun out of the rim? I seem to remember a BET game in the mid 80's ending like that.

Umm, wrong. Hak is playing them middle, he rotated for Duany when he went up high to cover a shooter.

Umm, wrong. Hak is playing them middle, he rotated for Duany when he went up high to cover a shooter.

Yikes...

Did you follow this post at all? The phrase used was OUT OF BOUNDS.

"BUT He didn't go zone OOB in the biggest moment in his career"

Go rewatch the last play again. Not the block...the last play. The airball by Hinrich.
Here you go. Tell me what type of D they are playing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom