Ifeatu Melifonwu | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ifeatu Melifonwu

Part of the Bradshaw thing on last td has to do with technique. The Shaffer way was to get inside the defender and force a fade and not letting inside release for a slant and score. We don’t do that which I am unsure why. I would rather them throw fade and defender knowing fade is coming but whatever. Iffy was a stud and I hope both guys are back and I agree that Cordy has to be out for us to be better. If 4-2 we need Trill at slot with iffy giving breaks to Frederick and Scoop.

Part of the Bradshaw thing on last td has to do with technique. The Shaffer way was to get inside the defender and force a fade and not letting inside release for a slant and score. We don’t do that which I am unsure why. I would rather them throw fade and defender knowing fade is coming but whatever. Iffy was a stud and I hope both guys are back and I agree that Cordy has to be out for us to be better. If 4-2 we need Trill at slot with iffy giving breaks to Frederick and Scoop.

That's not dictated by Bradshaw though - at least I hope not. As part of the scheme - or defensive call - he's either going to be inside or outside. Usually the player is not making that decision for himself.

Iffy was great, i recall michigan pursuing him late, his bro was drafted, our cb is in really good position

W that being said, cordy struggled today
Agreed, need to think about him no longer in the starting lineup. He hasnt been great all year. I cant remember one big play that he has made truthfully. With the talent thats back there, let Foster roam at FS and put Cisco at SS. You have Fredrick, Bradshaw, Trill, Melifonwu still to play with.

Cordy also missed a ton of tackles including an easy one in the backfield in the fourth quarter on a hand-off transaction.

Cordy also missed a ton of tackles including an easy one in the backfield in the fourth quarter on a hand-off transaction.

The whole team missed a ton of tackles.

Low blow. That was a very unique situation, it looked to me like we checked into a zone blitz, which is the only reason Cordy was there. They made an excellent call to run a delayed draw there and ran to the split gap. If they had dropped back and looked to pass that would have a Cordy sack. A big one.

Re OP: Does this kid play quarterback?

Biggest play Meli made was the first one in the 2nd OT. He smothered Williams. If they score on the first play , it takes the crowd out the game and puts the pressure back on us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom