IL Bracketology 050317 | Syracusefan.com

IL Bracketology 050317

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Epoch/IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fourth Look

5909bb31ba17b.jpg

The SOCON champ in the 4 seed game? That makes zero sense.

Hope the committee puts Albany somewhere else I am sick of playing them.

Air Force taking a bus to Denver.

I completely agree Jeremy. To be honest I am sick of playing NC, Duke, Albany, and Hop. Tough to avoid all of them, but just to mix it up, without having any idea how we actually match up, I would love to see us play OSU, Denver, Loyola, or Rutgers. New blood who doesn't know us so well.

Air Force taking a bus to Denver.

I get that aspect of it but Denver in that scenario is a 4 seed, you can't match them up with a team that should be playing a 1 or a 2 seed. That would be like SU getting Hobart in the 1st round last year as an 8 seed because there 50 minutes away. NCAA needs to give up the BS travel argument lax teams fly all the time. Hell Denver is in the BE they can't bus anywhere.

If they flip flopped Albany and Loyola and Yale/Rutgers that would be a nice mix.

This isn't a bad overall bracket although I think Denver and Maryland have a pretty easy paths. In fact, Denver as the #4 has an easier path than Ohio State #3, or Syracuse #2.

I don't see how you put the Ivy Champ Yale against the #2 seed. For them as much as us. We should be getting an at -large such as Rutgers. Yale should be getting a lower seeded team.

I get that aspect of it but Denver in that scenario is a 4 seed, you can't match them up with a team that should be playing a 1 or a 2 seed. That would be like SU getting Hobart in the 1st round last year as an 8 seed because there 50 minutes away. NCAA needs to give up the BS travel argument lax teams fly all the time. Hell Denver is in the BE they can't bus anywhere.

Maybe Richmond or Furman will knock AF out.

I don't see how you put the Ivy Champ Yale against the #2 seed. For them as much as us. We should be getting an at -large such as Rutgers. Yale should be getting a lower seeded team.

Rutgers is ranked 12/11
Yale is ranked 17/16

If they flip flopped Albany and Loyola and Yale/Rutgers that would be a nice mix.

This isn't a bad overall bracket although I think Denver and Maryland have a pretty easy paths. In fact, Denver as the #4 has an easier path than Ohio State #3, or Syracuse #2.

I think Maryland is walking to a final four in that bracket. Denvers only potential hiccup is Notre Dame as they both know each other very well and have played something like 3 straight one goal games so that one could get iffy.

Your point about Yale is what I was talking about in the other bracketology thread. Having to play them in the 1st round as a 2 seed is ridiculous.

Maybe Richmond or Furman will knock AF out.

Hard to tell who is going to come out of there, Richmond has the best defense but they can't score. Furman has done a nice job this year but Air Force seems to have both there numbers. Your guess is as good as mine.

Travel is the wild card in all of this and is the hurdle when you try to apply equity and logic to the bracket. Could you imagine the NCAA hoops committee doing this? It's nuts.

Rutgers is ranked 12/11
Yale is ranked 17/16

poll voting shouldn't mean diddly and it also depends how much weight they give the RPI as well as league champ.

The RPI would really shake the above bracket up:

Ohio State is #3 seed but #7 in RPI. Penn State is #4 RPi. Albany is #8 RPI. Denver #6.

RPI

1) Maryland
2) Syracuse
3) ND
4) Pedo State
5) Hopkins
6) Denver
7) Ohio State
8) Albany
9) UNC
10) Duke
11) Towson
12) Rutgers
13) Hofstra
14) Nova
15) Loyola
16) BU
17 )Army
18) Bingo
19) Yale

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I want nothing to do with the socon champ. Some top seed is going to get Richmond or AirForce and lose in the first round. I would rather play the ivy champ than Richmond. They have the best goalie in college lacrosse, he get hot and the high seed is toast.

This bracket, as with all the others I have seen, sets up at least two first round upsets. Beyond the top seed that gets the playin winner, every other game is open for upset. I don't care who the 2 or 3 seed is, they could get beat by socon or ivy champ. Any given day in a signee elimination tourney.

Three of the B1G teams will lose this weekend. Ideally Maryland in that loss group would be nice. That said, the B1G ranked team's losses should mix some things up before selection, and that doesn't take into account any other upsets.
Bottom line, all teams, with the exception of the possible play-in winner, look strong and can potentially upset the higher seed.
Syracuse needs to dispatch Colgate and worry about one game at a time no matter who they play.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I want nothing to do with the socon champ. Some top seed is going to get Richmond or AirForce and lose in the first round. I would rather play the ivy champ than Richmond. They have the best goalie in college lacrosse, he get hot and the high seed is toast.

This bracket, as with all the others I have seen, sets up at least two first round upsets. Beyond the top seed that gets the playin winner, every other game is open for upset. I don't care who the 2 or 3 seed is, they could get beat by socon or ivy champ. Any given day in a signee elimination tourney.

While I certainly understand your point I have to disagree a bit. I would much rather play a Furman or Air Force then an underachieving Yale team with Reeves, Gaudet etc. As good as the SOCON teams maybe especially that Richmond Defense they all have serious flaws (Richmond can't score) that are the type of opponent a 2 seed would expect to get in the first round. The IVY champ assuming it is Yale is a team you would expect to see in the Quarters or if you were a 4-6 seed. Yale as a first round matchup as a 2 seed is deadly.

While I certainly understand your point I have to disagree a bit. I would much rather play a Furman or Air Force then an underachieving Yale team with Reeves, Gaudet etc. As good as the SOCON teams maybe especially that Richmond Defense they all have serious flaws (Richmond can't score) that are the type of opponent a 2 seed would expect to get in the first round. The IVY champ assuming it is Yale is a team you would expect to see in the Quarters or if you were a 4-6 seed. Yale as a first round matchup as a 2 seed is deadly.

I believe it has been some time since an Ivy Champ has made it to the final four. Was it Cornell...when they lost to us in 2009?

I believe it has been some time since an Ivy Champ has made it to the final four. Was it Cornell...when they lost to us in 2009?
Brown lost to Maryland in the Final Four last year. But I believe Cornell is the last Ivy to play in the championship game

Three of the B1G teams will lose this weekend. Ideally Maryland in that loss group would be nice. That said, the B1G ranked team's losses should mix some things up before selection, and that doesn't take into account any other upsets.
Bottom line, all teams, with the exception of the possible play-in winner, look strong and can potentially upset the higher seed.
Syracuse needs to dispatch Colgate and worry about one game at a time no matter who they play.
I'm hoping PSU can upset Maryland tomorrow night and win the B1G. I was hoping PSU would be on the other half and dispose of OSU and Maryland would spank JHU again, but oh well.

Brown lost to Maryland in the Final Four last year. But I believe Cornell is the last Ivy to play in the championship game
How soon I forget:) meant championship game! Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom