IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fifth Look 050418 | Syracusefan.com

IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fifth Look 050418

orange79

Internet Sleuth

Not many changes - PIG game participants: St. Joe's and Richmond trade places.

Still have the problem with Yale being the Ivy champ, but Penn is still in.
upload_2018-5-4_17-25-48.gif
So easy to fix.

9. Syracuse (7-6)
RPI: 12
Top 5 Wins: Duke, Notre Dame
Top 10 Wins: Virginia
Top 20 Wins: None
Games Remaining: Colgate

Do we snag the #8 seed with Denver's loss ? Send them to the Dome.

This board would be lighting up with Desko complaints if Cuse had loss. Silence is telling. Congrats to staff and team .Go Cuse!!!!

Based on the RPI (updated for today's action), SU now has 3 total Top 10 wins (2 Top 5). Only SU has multiple Top 5 wins. Only ND (1 Top 5) and Duke (1 Top 5) have more total Top 10 wins (4).

Clearly, we are in, and with Denver's loss, could end up hosting. Georgetown winning is probably the end of the line for O$U and maybe Bucknell. Although if I'm Virginia, I'm not terribly comfortable. Bucknell has a Top 5 win (Yale) and a Top 10 win (Loyola). UVa has no Top 5 wins, and 2 Top 10 wins (SU, Loyola). UVa's saving grace in the comparison with Bucknell is its #8 SOS, while Bucknell sits uncomfortably low at 29.

Based on the RPI (updated for today's action), SU now has 3 total Top 10 wins (2 Top 5). Only SU has multiple Top 5 wins. Only ND (1 Top 5) and Duke (1 Top 5) have more total Top 10 wins (4).

Clearly, we are in, and with Denver's loss, could end up hosting. Georgetown winning is probably the end of the line for O$U and maybe Bucknell. Although if I'm Virginia, I'm not terribly comfortable. Bucknell has a Top 5 win (Yale) and a Top 10 win (Loyola). UVa has no Top 5 wins, and 2 Top 10 wins (SU, Loyola). UVa's saving grace in the comparison with Bucknell is its #8 SOS, while Bucknell sits uncomfortably low at 29.
We think we’re getting the #8 seed and will host Denver. We’re agnostic about SU’s placement.;)

We think we’re getting the #8 seed and will host Denver. We’re agnostic about SU’s placement.;)
I heard the rubber match is scheduled for Mother's Day @7:30 in the Dome. ;)

Who gets in and who gets bumped out of the tourney is the most confusing thing I've ever seen. Who you beat seems to hold much more power than a teams final record. If I'm completely off base with that, please excuse my ignorance. There is just a lot going on for the 16 teams to make it in, other than winning your conference.
Granted, I have never followed college lacrosse until this season. Well, I've never followed any lacrosse TBH. Where I grew up in NJ, the rich kids played lacrosse and the rest of us played football and basketball.

Who gets in and who gets bumped out of the tourney is the most confusing thing I've ever seen. Who you beat seems to hold much more power than a teams final record. If I'm completely off base with that, please excuse my ignorance. There is just a lot going on for the 16 teams to make it in, other than winning your conference.
Granted, I have never followed college lacrosse until this season. Well, I've never followed any lacrosse TBH. Where I grew up in NJ, the rich kids played lacrosse and the rest of us played football and basketball.
Good wins certainly count more than bad losses. SOS, where important in football and basketball, is much more important in lacrosse. 8-6 with a #4 SOS is much better in the eyes of the committee than 11-3 with a #21 SOS, for example. Top 5/Top 10/Top 20 wins (based on RPI) matters a lot, also.

Hop 13, Maryland 10.

Does this cost the Twerps the #1 spot?

Hop 13, Maryland 10.

I think so. I just posted in the lax action thread I think Yale gets it now. But MD has a lot more Top 20 wins, so it really could go either way, the more I think about it.
upload_2018-5-5_21-16-47.gif

Good wins certainly count more than bad losses. SOS, where important in football and basketball, is much more important in lacrosse. 8-6 with a #4 SOS is much better in the eyes of the committee than 11-3 with a #21 SOS, for example. Top 5/Top 10/Top 20 wins (based on RPI) matters a lot, also.
Thanks for that, helps explain it.

Hop 13, Maryland 10.

I think it does, if Yale wins tomorrow.

**Edit**

I just realized I forgot Albany
My top 4 would be:
Yale
Albany
Maryland
Duke

5-Hop

Last edited:
Hop 13, Maryland 10.

Yes Yale will be the #1 seed assuming they beat Cornell. SU could be the 7 or 8 seed now. Could be Denver at SU or if SU is the 7, Rutty ir Bucknell at SU.

Yes Yale will be the #1 seed assuming they beat Cornell. SU could be the 7 or 8 seed now. Could be Denver at SU or if SU is the 7, Rutty ir Bucknell at SU.

Not sure how we get up to #7. Best case we jump Denver to get to #8, and our traditional Sunday 7:30 pin placement.

Not sure how we get up to #7. Best case we jump Denver to get to #8, and our traditional Sunday 7:30 pin placement.

Ya looking at it again ur right, ceiling seems to be the 8. Would rather Yale be the #1 vs Maryland.

Oh, please...the staff has done a below average job for the last half decade at least. I am sure you had a tingle down your leg when they crushed Binghamton as well. If the number 1 FO unit can't do better than they did against Colgate that tingle might be short-lived.

This board would be lighting up with Desko complaints if Cuse had loss. Silence is telling. Congrats to staff and team .Go Cuse!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom