IL: Bracketology: Men's Division I, Seventh Look May 4 | Syracusefan.com

IL: Bracketology: Men's Division I, Seventh Look May 4

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/bracketology-men-s-division-i-seventh-look-may-4/28481

Deciding the Top 2 Seeds
There’s a clear delineation between Syracuse and Duke, then the rest of the field. On balance, the Orange and Blue Devils have the best representation of RPI, SOS, top quality wins and overall volume of quality wins. Loyola has an excellent record and good numbers, and Penn could potentially be in the conversation as well, but it seems pretty clear that ’Cuse and Duke will be the top two seeds. Between them, which is No. 1 and No. 2 seems negligible. The Orange get the nod in our projection because of their numbers advantage, which will become more pronounced after factoring Duke’s game vs. BU today (the Blue Devils’ RPI would actually fall behind Penn’s if the Quakers win, but that wouldn’t counteract Duke’s quality win advantage to bump Penn into the top 2).

28481.jpg

Quint Kessenich‏@QKessenich 6m
Official RPI from the top - SU PENN Duke Loyola ND Va DU Corn MD UNC Drex JHU Alb Hof Yale Harv Princ PSU UMass 20. Fairf

It will be interesting to see if they weight RPI higher than Top 20 wins. I still don't know whether RPI will outweigh Top 20 wins + a crushing win/split for Duke over SU; the recency of our win over Duke may matter too. Will be interesting, although matchups matter more than the overall 1 vs. 2 seed.

Div II brackets:

Inside Lacrosse‏@Inside_Lacrosse 2m
North DII matchups: 1 Adelphi vs. 4 Dowling; 2 Le Moyne vs. 3 LIU Post

Inside Lacrosse‏@Inside_Lacrosse 2m
South DII matchups: 1 Limestone vs. 4 Queens; 2 Tampa vs. 3 Mercyhurst

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online