IL: How does expansion impact LAX | Syracusefan.com

IL: How does expansion impact LAX

It certainly has a huge impact on the newly formed Big East lacrosse conference. It would probably be tough for BC as they already have a women's lacrosse team and would need to add more female spots to counter the new men's lacrosse. They already have a women's lax team.

Pitt plays Baseball. SU Dosent,SU playsLax No league problem in ACC

I guess the 2013 LAX BET in the Dome will have to be moved somewhere else.

I was looking forward to it. :(

An ACC road lax game: something I'll never see in person. Unless RU joins the conference.

I had suggested in the USC game chat, the ACC should go to Johns Hopkins about being a LAX only member of the ACC and you would have 6 of the top 10 (SU, JHU, UNC, UMD, UVA, and Duke) programs in the country and an automatic bid. Syracuse already plays Virginia, Johns Hopkins regularly each year substitute Rutgers, Villanova, and St. John's for Duke, North Carolina and Maryland and we would have the #1 SOS each year.

Right now ACC lacrosse looks like this.

Duke
Maryland
North Carolina
Syracuse
Virginia

That is a pretty sick 5 team conference. I would like a 9 team conference though. Try and get Pittsburgh, Boston College, North Carolina State, and Florida State to join for lax.

I had suggested in the USC game chat, the ACC should go to Johns Hopkins about being a LAX only member of the ACC and you would have 6 of the top 10 (SU, JHU, UNC, UMD, UVA, and Duke) programs in the country and an automatic bid. Syracuse already plays Virginia, Johns Hopkins regularly each year substitute Rutgers, Villanova, and St. John's for Duke, North Carolina and Maryland and we would have the #1 SOS each year.

Could be the first time an entire league qualified for the NCAA tournament.

Welcome to the ACC, from this Terp fan.
That 27 months till Syracuse can join sounds like a long time. I hope Syracuse can somehow cut it short.
I'm really looking forward to Syracuse games in Byrd. I doubt that I will ever get up to the Dome though.

I would remind you all that the ACC likes to have a tournament near the end of the season. I don't know how they will do it with 5 teams. The women usually have their tournament on the same weekend and same place.

As for the ACC expanding to 9 teams, I can wait. The U of Md has a lot of local rivals they like to play: Hopkins, Navy, Georgetown, UMBC and Towson. Not much room for them if there are 9 teams in the ACC. I believe Syracuse has a lot of local rivals also. So be careful what you wish for.

Have to think the ACC tournament will still feature 4 teams, determined by standings and a myriad of tie-breakers. Or, they could add 1 day and have 4 play 5 to get back to 4 teams.

I agree with you. Having a play-in game seems a little rigorous for the 4, 5 teams. On the other hand, the ACC has shown a tendency to like to get all the teams involved in its tournaments, i.e., get all the coaches, staffs, ... together.

I agree with you. Having a play-in game seems a little rigorous for the 4, 5 teams. On the other hand, the ACC has shown a tendency to like to get all the teams involved in its tournaments, i.e., get all the coaches, staffs, ... together.

How do all the other AQ conferences do it? I know the BE Women's Tournament only takes the top 4 teams.

BE deja vu...no thanks