I'll never forget this... | Syracusefan.com

I'll never forget this...

690West

Moneyline Master
Regardless of where things end up with the new stadium, I always think back to this moment on Miner's campaign trail. We were going through some tough football times, and she had quite an un-mayoral moment.

In response to the question, she said 'SU Football. If you can call it a sporting event'.
Real smart.

In response to the question, she said 'SU Football. If you can call it a sporting event'.
Real smart.
Well i guess we now know what her opinion is regarding a new stadium

690West that is revealing - however she really does represent the fair weathered fan base here in CNY.

It is so easy to support winning teams like our bball team but people conveniently forget the years after the NC in 2003. Around 2005-2006 due to fair weather fandom, I was able to upgrade my bball seats to really good ones as CNY fans started to give up seats because those teams were losing games and not even making the NCAA tourney (the horror)! Same for football during the end of the Grob era - you could get tickets almost anywhere on the cheap (lots of $75k boxes were empty too).

I went to almost every Grob era game and every bball game during those lean years - obviously Miner doesn't appreciate what is in her own backyard nor does she understand the ups and downs of college athletics. Whether you go to games or not, many of her supporters watch and pay attention to what happens up on the hill. Her actions and reactions of the new stadium proposal are of interest to everyone here in CNY and she is not playing this one well.

690West that is revealing - however she really does represent the fair weathered fan base here in CNY.

It is so easy to support winning teams like our bball team but people conveniently forget the years after the NC in 2003. Around 2005-2006 due to fair weather fandom, I was able to upgrade my bball seats to really good ones as CNY fans started to give up seats because those teams were losing games and not even making the NCAA tourney (the horror)! Same for football during the end of the Grob era - you could get tickets almost anywhere on the cheap (lots of $75k boxes were empty too).

I went to almost every Grob era game and every bball game during those lean years - obviously Miner doesn't appreciate what is in her own backyard nor does she understand the ups and downs of college athletics. Whether you go to games or not, many of her supporters watch and pay attention to what happens up on the hill. Her actions and reactions of the new stadium proposal are of interest to everyone here in CNY and she is not playing this one well.

Great post.

She is the epitome of the fair weather CNY fan.

When the team starts to win big - nine or ten wins - the fans will once again fill the Dome.

Sounds like something the average "sports fan" around here would say. Disgusting.

Years back, I recall doing some time management assignment for some freshman college course. We were required to write down what we did for 15 minute intervals over the weekend. Obviously for Saturday, quite a few 15 minute intervals in a row said "Watching the Syracuse football game".

The professors written reply on my graded "assignment" was something along the lines of "is SU football really worthy of so much time this year"?

I was livid.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how relevant the local d1 football team is or isn't - part of the job as mayor is to be ra-ra no matter what. Smart politics.

Regardless of where things end up with the new stadium, I always think back to this moment on Miner's campaign trail. We were going through some tough football times, and she had quite an un-mayoral moment.

I don't know why I feel like I should come to her support. I didn't vote for her and neither did my parents who actually live in the city. But I guess I'm responding more to the bile-spewing mental midgets in this thread. I seem to remember a whole lot of "gallows humor" about the SU football team around that time coming from the diehards on this board as GRob's tenure was wrapping up. This wasn't the fair-weather fan's opinion. It was everyone's opinion.

I don't know why I feel like I should come to her support. I didn't vote for her and neither did my parents who actually live in the city. But I guess I'm responding more to the bile-spewing mental midgets in this thread. I seem to remember a whole lot of "gallows humor" about the SU football team around that time coming from the diehards on this board as GRob's tenure was wrapping up. This wasn't the fair-weather fan's opinion. It was everyone's opinion.
It's one thing for joe bag of donuts to make fun of the football team. It's another for a person trying to become the top official for the city. She's actually probably a good person, but that was a crappy moment for her in my eyes

...mental midgets...

This should be good.

Owens%2BPopcorn.jpg

CNY at its best. The mayor bad mouthing the largest employer.

What a strange little town.

Heard this har har from enough grads the last few years... great way to get on the dipsh!t list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom