i'll say it over and over again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i'll say it over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread is still going. If *you* are a football fan we are a football school. If *you* are a basketball fan then we are a basketball school. The *you* in question are Syracuse fans!! I dn't give a flying rats a$$ what non Syracuse fans think of what we are nationally. Not sure why anyone else does. They all hate us anyway. LGO!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361691364.735275.jpg

I didn't read one post in this thread... I just guessed how it was going.

Listen up. I've been drinking for 12 hours... You know you've been drinking for a while when you stop spelling numbers out "I've been drinking three hours" verses "I've been drinking 12 hours" idk, something about double digits idk.

I think I replied to this for one reason

If we had of won, you would have been pumped because we are a bad ass basketball school..
But we lost..:. So now we are a football school..

I'm a huge Cuse fan. Winning in football, winning in basketball, winning in lacrosse,.. And losing in all those... Doesn't change a thing... We aren't a football school.. We aren't a basketball school... We aren't a lacrosse school... We are SU!

I am a big fan of both football and basketball. Every year the bball team gets national respect and our football team gets national disrespect (because of Robinsons tenure). To be honest I like the way our football team goes about their business. They always play hard, tough nose, never quite football. Not always resulting in a win but I can honestly say it wasn’t from lack of hustle or quitting on a play/game. I often think our basketball team lacks toughness and plays like spoiled brats. This is why we perennially get beat by a less talented but bruiser Pitt basketball team. They know if they keep hammering on us we will let down.

we are a football school! forever and always... now get excited for the ACC schedule to be released hopefully in the next 44 days??!!!

SU was a football school in the 50's, 60's, and 70's,..times have changed!

i just find it funny how hoops snobs cant get aboard with football...im talking to the extra 15,000 that attended tonights game... prob couldnt tell u crap about cuse athletics but read the front page and want to go the "it" thing in cuse. Now thats no one on syracusefan because for the most part everyone is a diehard cuse fan, but those fairweather fans rub me the wrong way.
They aren't "fairweather fans" they are basketball fans

Stop it. You can't be serious. Ask fans from other schools what we are. Most around the country know our football team is a joke. It isn't. But that is what others think. Our hoop team gets national respect.

Fixed it. Here is how you tell if SU is a FB or basketball school. Where does each team rank in attendance vs the top 10 other schools in attendance. (Hint: It's not a capacity issue if attendance isn't at or near capacity. ). BTW, compare a true FB school like PSU to SU. PSU has 100k plus per game for FB. SU about 35k. Now look at the populations of State College, PA (As of the 2010 census, the borough population was 42,034, and just over 104,000 lived in the borough plus the surrounding townships often referred to locally as the "Centre Region") and Syracuse, NY. (At the 2010 census, the city population was 145,170, (making it the 167th largest city in the country) and its metropolitan area had a population of 662,577. It is the economic and educational hub of Central New York, a region with over a million inhabitants. ) (from Wikipedia).

Now tell anyone with a brain that SU is a FB school.

Syracuse watches winners, nothing more or less. We have very, very few actual fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom