Illinois reportedly considering offering $4.8 million to Tony Bennett | Syracusefan.com

Illinois reportedly considering offering $4.8 million to Tony Bennett

Virginia will probably bump his pay up to 3.5 and he'll stay.

Agreed, I would assume Virginia will do what they have to do to keep him. The results have clearly been there. If an offer like that truly ends up on the table, they'll really have to ante up though.

I'd like to be rich enough to live in the city of my choice.

Thats absolutely absurd

If I were him, I'm staying at UVA. Great job, great school, and Charlottesville is an incredible city. On the other hand, that is some serious coin.

Bennett is not that great a recruiter to throw that money.
I like him as a coach and but I doubt as long as UVA gives him a raise he leaves.

we haven't had to make a coaching change in 41 years. when we do i hope we weigh every option out there.
Mike Hopkins is the next coach and deserves the opportunity. I'm really hoping that he works out but if he doesn't, then I'm sure they'll weigh all their options

That's a lot of biscuits.

I still can't see Bennett leaving, though.

I've said it before we should go after Bennett. He's the second best coach in the game behind Jimmy B. Send him a blank check. The future depends on it.
Wow wow did you forget abou K/Izzo/Pitino/Wright/etc? I do think he is a very good coach but your a bit over the top.

we haven't had to make a coaching change in 41 years. when we do i hope we weigh every option out there.

sarcasm.jpg