I'm a basketball meathead | Syracusefan.com

I'm a basketball meathead

My issue with fouling is dependent on the time remaining when you foul. We fouled too early a couple times, such that we basically made ourselves have to also hit free throws.

Also was surprised Lydon was inbounding on the play that white eventually got the inbound and foul. He hit both, but Lydon had already hit 2 and is a great foul shooter.

My issue with fouling is dependent on the time remaining when you foul. We fouled too early a couple times, such that we basically made ourselves have to also hit free throws.

Also was surprised Lydon was inbounding on the play that white eventually got the inbound and foul. He hit both, but Lydon had already hit 2 and is a great foul shooter.
'

Great points. Agree totally with both. I still like fouling up 3 but way too much time. I was also shocked Lydon was the inbounder when he can make free throws, but I'm trying to decide who I'd want to replace him as inbounder?

'

Great points. Agree totally with both. I still like fouling up 3 but way too much time. I was also shocked Lydon was the inbounder when he can make free throws, but I'm trying to decide who I'd want to replace him as inbounder?

Not Gillon, not thompson. Battle or white. I'd prefer battle to keep best two shooters on floor. Tell battle he can run baseline (that was after wake FTs right?)

I don't have a problem with fouling, but Battle should have let more time tick off the clock.

Screw the numbers and probabilities. Fouling with a lead is awful for the game.

I think it adds a bit of strategy to the game. I have far less problem with it than I do the hack-a-shaq.

ball went to gillon. he shoots 76 % but he's also fast enuf to chew up a few more seconds before they can catch and foul him.

Correct, correct and correct.

I think it adds a bit of strategy to the game. I have far less problem with it than I do the hack-a-shaq.
College hoops has the worst end of game scenario for close games of any sport though. It's awful.

Right on both counts.
But these aren't just player execution issues.
They're coaching issues.
And it's not the first time.
Do the Orange practice end of game scenarios?

College hoops has the worst end of game scenario for close games of any sport though. It's awful.

Not true. The NBA is worse because each team has a seemingly unlimited supply of timeouts that they save to the last two minutes. ADD to that, the final two minutes where every out of bounds play is basically reviewed..and you have an unwatchable television program.

Not true. The NBA is worse because each team has a seemingly unlimited supply of timeouts that they save to the last two minutes. ADD to that, the final two minutes where every out of bounds play is basically reviewed..and you have an unwatchable television program.
I've been watching more and more NBA over the years, and I rarely see an end of game situation drag on.

I dislike the rule that allows teams to inbound at half court coming out of a timeout though.

NBA gets big minus points for the halfcourt inbounds after a time out. What. Talk about manufactured entertainment.
Hey lets give the Cowboys the ball at midfield inside 2minutes just 'cause.

It may be the correct strategy but if the players can't execute it correctly (and we often don't when in that situation), then I start to question it. Can anyone remember when we've done this and it's worked to perfection?

Wasn't worth the risk of fouling, stopping the clock and sending Wake to the line. The reach-in was a bonehead play that he got away with.
JB understands probabilities. just because it worked out doesn't mean he should've done it. jb is an intuitive statistician

Screw the numbers and probabilities. Fouling with a lead is awful for the game.

Couldn't agree more. I understand it, but it just seems like an underhanded way to play. Play defense, make a stop.

For this bunch, though, I'm just grateful for a win.

I was hoping they'd run the Hail Mary to Coleman again but, alas, it was not to be...

NBA gets big minus points for the halfcourt inbounds after a time out. What. Talk about manufactured entertainment.
Hey lets give the Cowboys the ball at midfield inside 2minutes just 'cause.
I'm not a big fan of that rule, but this is not even close to a valid comparison.

Not sure why he was so pissed at Gillon who punched the ball away creating a turnover.

he was freaking out that Battle fouled the guy in .5 of a second. He wanted them to have to run time off the clock (at least get the ball to half court). Battle fouled on the inbound. completely boneheaded.