I'm anxious to see how John Raymon impacts the DL | Syracusefan.com

I'm anxious to see how John Raymon impacts the DL

CaliCuse

All American
I don't recall a DE that big in that position for the Orangemen. Its going to be interesting too see how his size on one side and speed on the other works. I can see Raymon blasting through and creating a portal of sorts for a fast OLBer to shoot through and make plays Lynch or Davis come to mind or Kirkland if he plays enough.

I don't recall a DE that big in that position for the Orangemen. Its going to be interesting too see how his size on one side and speed on the other works. I can see Raymon blasting through and creating a portal of sorts for a fast OLBer to shoot through and make plays Lynch or Davis come to mind or Kirkland if he plays enough.
Kirkland? How about Spruill?

And as Rocco said he's not playing DE. He's a DT.

Are you sure? Originally, he was a DE. Perhaps grew out of that position?

Absolutely Sure, he arrived at SU at 6'5" and 344 lbs and worked to get to 315. He will be a DT.

I am sure this has been asked in the past, but how many years is he eligible to play at SU?

Absolutely Sure, he arrived at SU at 6'5" and 344 lbs and worked to get to 315. He will be a DT.

I'm excited for this guys as well but how exactly how does a 6'-5" 240 lbs DE at Iowa in 2011 come to Syracuse a year later at 6'-5" 344 lbs? Hope he can control his eating and stay in the low 300's like he apparently is now.

I'm excited for this guys as well but how exactly how does a 6'-5" 240 lbs DE at Iowa in 2011 come to Syracuse a year later at 6'-5" 344 lbs? Hope he can control his eating and stay in the low 300's like he apparently is now.

Have you seen pictures of him? Not really any fat on him. 240 at6'5" is actually a little thin when you are 17-18, he was bound to fill out. Bromley arrived at 260 and now he is around 300.

Raymon is the one in the middle. http://syracusefan.com/threads/raymon.44502/

Have you seen pictures of him? Not really any fat on him. 240 at6'5" is actually a little thin when you are 17-18, he was bound to fill out. Bromley arrived at 260 and now he is around 300.

Raymon is the one in the middle. http://syracusefan.com/threads/raymon.44502/

Fill Out!?! Are you serious? 240 to 344 in about a years time is filling out at a Jabba The Hut rate. I know he is looking pretty good now. I've seen that pic. I just hope that stays the case for him. I expect him to be great for us but the fact that he at one point gained over 100 lbs in a years time is a little worrisome. I don't even understand how it is even possible for someone to gain that much in that period of time. I don't even think he was injured.

Fill Out!?! Are you serious? 240 to 344 in about a years time is filling out at a Jabba The Hut rate. I know he is looking pretty good now. I've seen that pic. I just hope that stays the case for him. I expect him to be great for us but the fact that he at one point gained over 100 lbs in a years time is a little worrisome. I don't even understand how it is even possible for someone to gain that much in that period of time. I don't even think he was injured.

Did he fill out? Yes. Was some of the weight gain fat? Maybe. The question here is was he really 240 lbs and according to who? The pay sites, yeah, those guys are always right on the money. He also red-shirted at Iowa and didn't play or practice. What did he weigh when we started talking to him at Iowa? Who knows.

I am guessing that the "experts" put his weight down when he was a junior when he was originally recruited out of HS and never changed it like they do with every recruit. I am also guessing that he gained the weight over more than a year like people think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom