I'm calm before this storm | Syracusefan.com

I'm calm before this storm

SWC75

Bored Historian
It would be nice to at least have an encouraging performance, (I'm tired of feeling deflated), but this game is not a critical win for us.

It won't impact our seeding in the ACC tournament and what we do there has more to do with our seeding in the NCAA tournament. I'm always hopeful but don't really expect to win this one with Grant still limited, the way we've played, way they are playing and the fact that we have to go to the basket for most of our points and they have that tall timber inside. We could get blown out but we play pretty good defense and the slow pace should control that. Other than Virginia's run at the end we haven't really been badly beaten this year.

I'll look for the positives and hope for the best but I won't feel vandalized if things do not go our way today.

Next week things get important again.

It would be nice to at least have an encouraging performance, (I'm tired of feeling deflated), but this game is not a critical win for us.

It won't impact our seeding in the ACC tournament and what we do there has more to do with our seeding in the NCAA tournament. I'm always hopeful but don't really expect to win this one with Grant still limited, the way we've played, way they are playing and the fact that we have to go to the basket for most of our points and they have that tall timber inside. We could get blown out but we play pretty good defense and the slow pace should control that. Other than Virginia's run at the end we haven't really been badly beaten this year.

I'll look for the positives and hope for the best but I won't feel vandalized if things do not go our way today.

Next week things get important again.
Today could tell a lot about character. Plus I'd like to see Cooney have a good game offensively and Baye defensively.

I just want to see life and energy. If I see that, I can project some positives going forwards. If we come out lifeless again, It's going to be hard to assume we can make any kind of run in the ACC Tourney.

It's not about ACC seeding, it's about confidence in their game and themselves and how that translates into deeper ACC and NCAA tournament runs.

Well, that was fun. The nice thing about being a cautious optimist is that you can enjoy the highs just as much but deal with the lows better.

Maybe that's why I like the medium range jump shot. It's the sort of shot a cautious optimist would take. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom