"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game." | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game."

When it comes to parties, tailgates and game watching, a lot of us like to have a drink in hand. A drink in hand leads to a drink in mouth, which leads to a fair amount of consumption. In these situations it's usually better (for many of us) to keep the damage to a minimum. For me, at tailgates, I'll usually start with one or two flavorful brews before switching to the more mainstream beverages... there's no need to be trashed before kickoff.

Also not a big beer drinker anymore but when I need one I need one. and Blue makes me a happy man. IDK if Labatt is a CNY thing but recently was at a restaurant in Union Station in D.C. and the owner sees I'm an SU fan (he's a grad). Takes us to our table and I says I want a beer. He says we don't have what you want. I says how do you know what I want? He says Labatt Blue. I says Damn.
A 30 pack for $17.99 in CNY is what I'm talking about...

Don't drink a lot of beer anymore, when I do want it to be something nice or at least regional. Agree with Mark on Shiner Bock. At UVa went native and did Devil's Backbone (bottles Kaiser, you just need an opener and garbage bag). Love trips back to the Cuse and can drink LaBatt's Blue for 14 straight hours. Don't mix liquor with soft drinks, at least not in your 40s unless you're grilling and are out of beer - or it was something smuggled in at one of our away football games in conference.

The high alcohol content beers are death at sporting events and concerts.

Vienna Lager by Devil's Backbone. Tastes great, and only about 4.6% alcohol. Everyone wins.

My son left one of those for Santa this year. Santa took it upon himself to take about 5 more from the fridge that night.

Don't drink a lot of beer anymore, when I do want it to be something nice or at least regional. Agree with Mark on Shiner Bock. At UVa went native and did Devil's Backbone (bottles Kaiser, you just need an opener and garbage bag). Love trips back to the Cuse and can drink LaBatt's Blue for 14 straight hours. Don't mix liquor with soft drinks, at least not in your 40s unless you're grilling and are out of beer - or it was something smuggled in at one of our away football games in conference.

The high alcohol content beers are death at sporting events and concerts.
i never go anywhere without a bottle opener. yes its my key chain...im still 14. (i have multiple wine openers in the glove box too, you never know...)

but the problem with bottles is...if 1 gets knocked over, you got broken glass at your tailgate...and despite that giving folks the opportunity to blast some Annie Lennox on the car stereo, point at the culprit and yell...High and Tight!!!...its not fun.

it also makes for a heavy trash bag when you walk it to the dumpster.

and if the bag breaks...

i never go anywhere without a bottle opener. yes its my key chain...im still 14. (i have multiple wine openers in the glove box too, you never know...)

but the problem with bottles is...if 1 gets knocked over, you got broken glass at your tailgate...and despite that giving folks the opportunity to blast some Annie Lennox on the car stereo, point at the culprit and yell...High and Tight!!!...its not fun.

and if the bag breaks...
One must protect their brew from the Sun and sudden trauma.....

31AEiiVbhlL.jpg

When I was young, I ate Bar S hotdogs, I sure as **** ain't bringing those to my tailgate. I don't have a stache of any kind, I don't talk about IBUs or aromas at a tailgate(except the aroma of dead animals cooking), I drink beer that has flavor and won't make me piss all day. Hipster? You guys watch too many Bud commercials and believe that people actually act like those dbags on the brewed the hard way commercial doting over their apricot whatever crap. Craft beer doesn't mean fruity, and it doesn't mean hoppy, although those styles do exist. FWIW, I can't stand fruit beer and that includes the Corona crowd with their damn limes, wheat beers with their oranges and lemons, etc. You BMC guys calling others hipsters, pretentious, etc are out of line. Nobody's calling you guys names, just saying adding rice/corn to a beer doesn't make it excellent which is what started this whole debate in the first place.
don't get your skinny jeans in a bunch!

and if the bag breaks...

Bring a cup for your beer. Buy heavy duty trash bags.

And I revised my earlier statement, airline bottles for the stadium.

When I was young, I ate Bar S hotdogs, I sure as **** ain't bringing those to my tailgate. I don't have a stache of any kind, I don't talk about IBUs or aromas at a tailgate(except the aroma of dead animals cooking), I drink beer that has flavor and won't make me piss all day. Hipster? You guys watch too many Bud commercials and believe that people actually act like those dbags on the brewed the hard way commercial doting over their apricot whatever crap. Craft beer doesn't mean fruity, and it doesn't mean hoppy, although those styles do exist. FWIW, I can't stand fruit beer and that includes the Corona crowd with their damn limes, wheat beers with their oranges and lemons, etc. You BMC guys calling others hipsters, pretentious, etc are out of line. Nobody's calling you guys names, just saying adding rice/corn to a beer doesn't make it excellent which is what started this whole debate in the first place.
Lighten up, Francis.

youve been in virginia too long.

cups, heavy duty trash bags...

i bet when the steaks are cut up and put out on a platter, you dont pick up a slice unless you have a toothpick.

use your fingers damnit and wipe your hands on your shirt bottom or pants.

theres a game to be played son, and you gotta tighten yours up!!!

i bet when the steaks are cut up and put out on a platter, you dont pick up a slice unless you have a toothpick.

Without cups there can be no pong.

You cut your steaks??????

Shirt Bottom or pants? You trying to hide something? Just use your sleeve.

You need to up your game. :D

You've been sharing your backyard with Jets fans for too long.

Notice the guy who liked your post had his feed bag on at my grill in Charottesville, red solo cup in hand.

You've been sharing your backyard with Jets fans for too long.

Notice the guy who liked your post had his feed bag on at my grill in Charottesville, red solo cup in hand.

Virginia likes their cups.

I'll never forget when a group of us pulled up to the parking lot at Evil Central, Blacksburg for our game there in 1997. Opened our coolers, opened our first can, campus police swarmed us within seconds. When I politely pointed out that the group of Hokie fans next to us had a keg, the campus cop said yeah, but do you see any cans or bottles? That group of Hokie fans was nice enough to give us enough red solo cups to make sure our day wasn't quickly ruined. I thanked them and under my breath told them they were still a$$holes.

speaking of PBR's we are officially under the 60 day window to Opening Day. (baseball officially starts after the Yankees 1st home pitch, everything up to that point is just window dressing).

and Opening Day now means $2 PBRs at the Dugout, while a lot of fools all buy $5 Bud Lights, Coors Lights and Miler Lites.

School is in session:

no sense in being a big $$ guy that day.

its about vast quanties of beer, the speed in which you can drink them & ultimately, the speed in which you can get them.

smart guys will go the bank the day before and get at least $100 in $10 bills.

when you get to the bar you buy 4, and tell the bartender to keep it.

if you and your crew do that everytime...instantly, you will be on the A list.

no matter how many people are in front of you, some of them idiots and not moving, some of them real idiots trying to find out what kind of beer they have and some them bigger idiots trying to get a mixed drink...as soon as the bartender spots you with a $10 in the air, 4 PBRs are coming your way without having to say anything.

buy backs are not out the question either.

shitting yourself is part of the experience Chip.

And that's another thing-- Time and place for mixed drinks. Sporting events is not one of them, Inside the venue that is. Tailgating do whatever you like but I still think beer is the go to.

Notre Dame accepts your challenge...see if you make it in Cuse Boy!

What a great thread! There is more passion when people talk about what kind of beer they enjoy than any other consumer product out there. You can go into any bar in any state and ask the customers what kind of cereal they eat, what kind of toothpaste they use or what do they like better, hamburgers or steak, you may get a response from one or two individuals. When you ask them what kind of beer they like, everyone chimes in and emphatically talks about beer and what their grandparents drank in the day. It is truly amazing and something I will never forget. Please keep in mind that everyone has favorite brews and when you work in the industry, you respect that to the max. You will never see a beerman talk down another beer but they may say one is too hoppy, light or bitter but they always respect what someone else has brewed.

Regarding Anheuser-Busch InBev...company is the global leader in beer and in the top 5 for consumer products in the world. In the US, AB has 12 breweries with one in Baldwinsville, NY and site where most of AB's innovation brews are made, along with Goose Island 312. Company has a High End Division that currently has eight craft breweries and more to follow which include: Goose Island (Chicago - Bourbon County Stout rated 100% by Beer Advocate), Blue Point (Long Island, NY - Toasted Lager is very good), Elysian (Seattle - AWESOME brews), 10 Barrel (OR - Super Hoppy IPA's), Four Peaks (AZ), Golden Road (CA), Breckenridge Brewing (CO - Vanilla Stout is excellent) and Virtue Cider (MI). All craft breweries are still run by the original brewers and have their own HE sales force selling their brews. AB mainly provides capital to increase their brewing capacity and obtain better ingredients with most of these beers being sold regionally. As far as imports are concerned, the main beers are Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Corona or Grupo Modelo brands (not in US), Spaten, Franziskaner, Beck's, Boddington, Tennets, Skol, Brahma and hundreds from many other countries that are not sold in the US.

Please enjoy whatever brew you drink and cheers to the Orange and Dinoball!

BTW - If ever in Chicago, look me up and we can take a Goose Island brewery tour which is always a stumbling blast!

What a great thread! There is more passion when people talk about what kind of beer they enjoy than any other consumer product out there. You can go into any bar in any state and ask the customers what kind of cereal they eat, what kind of toothpaste they use or what do they like better, hamburgers or steak, you may get a response from one or two individuals. When you ask them what kind of beer they like, everyone chimes in and emphatically talks about beer and what their grandparents drank in the day. It is truly amazing and something I will never forget. Please keep in mind that everyone has favorite brews and when you work in the industry, you respect that to the max. You will never see a beerman talk down another beer but they may say one is too hoppy, light or bitter but they always respect what someone else has brewed.

Regarding Anheuser-Busch InBev...company is the global leader in beer and in the top 5 for consumer products in the world. In the US, AB has 12 breweries with one in Baldwinsville, NY and site where most of AB's innovation brews are made, along with Goose Island 312. Company has a High End Division that currently has eight craft breweries and more to follow which include: Goose Island (Chicago - Bourbon County Stout rated 100% by Beer Advocate), Blue Point (Long Island, NY - Toasted Lager is very good), Elysian (Seattle - AWESOME brews), 10 Barrel (OR - Super Hoppy IPA's), Four Peaks (AZ), Golden Road (CA), Breckenridge Brewing (CO - Vanilla Stout is excellent) and Virtue Cider (MI). All craft breweries are still run by the original brewers and have their own HE sales force selling their brews. AB mainly provides capital to increase their brewing capacity and obtain better ingredients with most of these beers being sold regionally. As far as imports are concerned, the main beers are Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Corona or Grupo Modelo brands (not in US), Spaten, Franziskaner, Beck's, Boddington, Tennets, Skol, Brahma and hundreds from many other countries that are not sold in the US.

BTW - If ever in Chicago, look me up and we can take a Goose Island brewery tour which is always a stumbling blast!

Breckenridge???????????

things-that-blew-your-mind-when-you-were-a-kid-1-30991-1346448555-3_big.jpg

I do love some Breckenridge.

Shock Top also, right? Or are they not in the 'High End Division'?

I like German Rieslings and Bacardi Raz... Since everyone's being vulnerable with their adult beverages of choice

I am framing this and putting it in my office
BTW, they're Tall Boys.

And when you get buy backs in the Bronx on Opening Day...yes, you've won, and you feel invincible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom