im excited for acc tourny | Syracusefan.com

im excited for acc tourny

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
this team is more than capable of winning a couple games, and if we catch a break with matchups (avoiding lville and duke) i honestly believe we can pull off an 06 type of run. i just feel like this team has some magic left in them.

Goodine/HoWash need to play at least a combined 14 mpg if we want to make any kind of run

Goodine/HoWash need to play at least a combined 14 mpg if we want to make any kind of run
and we will have to get one game where Edwards gives us minutes - no way we get thru the whole tourney with Marek and Bourama avoiding fouls.

this team is more than capable of winning a couple games, and if we catch a break with matchups (avoiding lville and duke) i honestly believe we can pull off an 06 type of run. i just feel like this team has some magic left in them.

:)

Hope you're right - we typically have the best player on the floor, best shooter, and a PG that goes ballistic every once in a bit (and a flair for the dramatic)…..if we can keep games close, we always have a shot with our free throw shooting. It's just a matter of getting some good match-ups, avoiding teams banking in threes, and stealing one against a team we don't seem to be matched up against well.

It's definitely manageable.

I agree with this from a defensive standpoint. However, if a game turns out to be just a "shooting" contest then we my not see that. We don't have a lot of room for error and will need to win multiple games with no days in between which tells me we will definitely need out bench.

we should come out fighting like a cornered animal in the ACCT.

Me to. I contemplated driving up to greensboro to catch the first game, then decided not to. But now I leaning toward taking my 5th grade daughter to go see it. We didn't get to do our annual game down here in NC this year.

My problem is in my mind I rationalize 15 different scenarios until I find the one where Syracuse wins. So at the beginning of every game, I have a really strong conviction in my mind Syracuse is going to win. The thing is over time I've begun to realized I might be slightly bias in my thinking. But at the beginning of each game it sure feels like I'm being objective.

does the Greensboro crowd still give JB heat or is all forgiven ?

I think the big four don't need this so they won't play hard. And SU and UNC are better than the other 8 teams. Either one will win ACC tournament and become the fifth team to the NCAA tournament.

We're going to need Josh Wright to come up big in one of these games.
He was wide open with his “puppies set” in the corner, but Gerry decided to handle things himself. ;)