I'M going to say it... I'm glad we lost | Syracusefan.com

I'M going to say it... I'm glad we lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
Never thought I would say that, especially over a Rutgers game. But I feel that despite all the hush hush, nothing ever changes around here. If this loss rattles the cages, good, it was well worth it in the long run. WHEN IS COACH GOING TO REALIZE HE IS DOING NOTHING MORE THAN UNDERMINING WHAT HE HAS BEEN WORKING TOWARDS WITH ALL THIS BULLSHIT??? People want to follow swagger, confidence, and a cut-throat attitude. THIS "OH IT'S GOING TO BE A TOUGH GAME AND WE ARE IN TROUBLE"... THAT RIGHT TO WHEREVER MICHIGAN DUMPED OFF GREG ROBINSON. We have talent, and we can play, stop treating these players and their fan base as if they stupid.

well, I'm never glad we lost but the lack of balls by marrone has taken me back. Good teams look for ways to win. Bad teams look for reasons to lose. Today, we looked for reasons.

well, I'm never glad we lost but the lack of balls by marrone has taken me back. Good teams look for ways to win. Bad teams look for reasons to lose. Today, we looked for reasons.

The worst part is the inconsistency, Dash... a ballsy team will win most of their games by earning them, and throw away a couple. A conservative team will win most of their games by grinding it out, and then lose a couple because they don't know how to be dynamic when need be.

But our calls border on the WORST of both worlds. Conservative as hell by running Bailey up the middle, NOT EVEN OUTSIDE, but up the ing middle time after time on first down. But then during big spots we don't trust Nassib or Harris to go get the yards. Then we want to play safe by not going downfield, but then we decide to try and get a true frosh his first catch in a spot where he has no business being on the field. Or how about relying on Bailey to be our workhorse late, when his handle is obviously dogshit, if we are going to have a questionable runner, why not actually let Jerome get work? Just a million examples of that ineptitude.

Never thought I would say that, especially over a Rutgers game. But I feel that despite all the hush hush, nothing ever changes around here. If this loss rattles the cages, good, it was well worth it in the long run. WHEN IS COACH GOING TO REALIZE HE IS DOING NOTHING MORE THAN UNDERMINING WHAT HE HAS BEEN WORKING TOWARDS WITH ALL THIS BULLSHIT??? People want to follow swagger, confidence, and a cut-throat attitude. **** THIS "OH IT'S GOING TO BE A TOUGH GAME AND WE ARE IN TROUBLE"... **** THAT RIGHT TO WHEREVER MICHIGAN DUMPED OFF GREG ROBINSON. We have talent, and we can play, stop treating these players and their fan base as if they stupid.

If Marrone wants to have that tough nosed, blue collar work attitude then he needs to prove that he can call the plays that way...the people that support SU are blue collar, hard nosed, come at you kind of people. Pasqualoni tried the same style of football that Marrone is trying now, and it will not work; the fans of this team will start losing faith if he doesn't turn it around. I really hope he turns it around.

SU is 3-2 and very young while as someone said, being duct taped and battling. It is what it is and I am never happy about a loss, ever, so hopefully the staff and players continue to learn from their mistakes and start a new winning streak next week.

Never thought I would say that, especially over a Rutgers game. But I feel that despite all the hush hush, nothing ever changes around here. If this loss rattles the cages, good, it was well worth it in the long run. WHEN IS COACH GOING TO REALIZE HE IS DOING NOTHING MORE THAN UNDERMINING WHAT HE HAS BEEN WORKING TOWARDS WITH ALL THIS BULLSHIT??? People want to follow swagger, confidence, and a cut-throat attitude. **** THIS "OH IT'S GOING TO BE A TOUGH GAME AND WE ARE IN TROUBLE"... **** THAT RIGHT TO WHEREVER MICHIGAN DUMPED OFF GREG ROBINSON. We have talent, and we can play, stop treating these players and their fan base as if they stupid.

You're a moron. "I'm glad we lost...". You were probably the neighborhood cry-baby who took his baseball home when the sandlot game wasn't going his way.

Why no go for it? I think he wanted to but thought back to the pro coaching day. The Cuse is not winning a national championship this year-so why not go for it and show a like confidence in the offense which did not play that well today.

You're a moron. "I'm glad we lost...". You were probably the neighborhood cry-baby who took his baseball home when the sandlot game wasn't going his way.

1. The simple point behind my rant is that you can use a negative to create a positive. In this case, if we had won this game, it would have further re-enforced the notion that this half-/half-flake offensive scheme was acceptable. Instead, we are finally embarrassed after half-a-season of near embarrassments. It's time for the coaches to look long and hard at themselves after this one.

2. Half of the anger in my original post was due to the fact that we looked horribly putrid. The other half, is due to the fact I don't have much confidence that we will see the positives come out of this, because as The Grotto states, coaches are meatheads. Marrone is great in many ways, but he is very stubborn, so I don't think he is all of a sudden going to make changes midstream.

3. I'm guessing you were the "sit cross-legged in the outfield, eating grass and counting dandelions, with the mom that made a scene every game when coach pulled you after you had been in for your minimum number of innings" kid. So what do you say we leave the personal attacks on people we have never met behind us moving forward, huh.

Weird post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors