I'm Hating Duke more and more | Syracusefan.com

I'm Hating Duke more and more

Nicknack

All Conference
8 years ago my son decided to announce himself to the world a month early and a day almost always during the 1st round of march madness. That's the okay part about it. This is what sucks. My in-laws are ALL Dook alumns and they live in town. Therefore, on my son's b-day, guess who was sitting right next to me all game today? It was nauseating. Don't get me wrong, these are nice people. However, when anything Dook comes up, I either try to walk away or count to 10 before responding.

At one point, my father-in-law made some comment about if Mich St wins, they will only see more of the same (as far as the 2-3) so they better get better. I really don't think he believes our zone is any better than theirs because Boeheim gave over all the secrets. That was one of those times I had to get up and get a beer and hang in the garage for a bit. Oh, and just get him started on Duke's recruiting success. I just wanted to say so badly that come on, man; do you really want a rationale minded person to believe that Dook is just that more appealing of a destination? I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but come on, man.

And whenever conversations get on the 1 and done situation, they say over and over as their defense that they only started doing it after Kentucky's recruiting got out of hand. So, according to them, Cal made them do it. They also like pointing out that they're better at it than Kentucky.

I'm hating the committee for matching us up with Duke. Though they probably never figured we'd get that far.

How much do I hate Duke?

giphy.gif

8 years ago my son decided to announce himself to the world a month early and a day almost always during the 1st round of march madness. That's the okay part about it. This is what sucks. My in-laws are ALL Dook alumns and they live in town. Therefore, on my son's b-day, guess who was sitting right next to me all game today? It was nauseating. Don't get me wrong, these are nice people. However, when anything Dook comes up, I either try to walk away or count to 10 before responding.

At one point, my father-in-law made some comment about if Mich St wins, they will only see more of the same (as far as the 2-3) so they better get better. I really don't think he believes our zone is any better than theirs because Boeheim gave over all the secrets. That was one of those times I had to get up and get a beer and hang in the garage for a bit. Oh, and just get him started on Duke's recruiting success. I just wanted to say so badly that come on, man; do you really want a rationale minded person to believe that Dook is just that more appealing of a destination? I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but come on, man.

And whenever conversations get on the 1 and done situation, they say over and over as their defense that they only started doing it after Kentucky's recruiting got out of hand. So, according to them, Cal made them do it. They also like pointing out that they're better at it than Kentucky.
Is he okay with their blatant recruiting cheating.

Is he okay with their blatant recruiting cheating.
I really don't have any info on recruiting and cheating I for a long time that Mr. K won with far less and gradually has become what it is now. I could be wrong but would give him benefit until fully proven otherwise.

This is our chance to firmly place SU as Duke's #2 rival.
No. We wish that were true, but Carolina will always be their most hated rival. Always. Until the sun explodes.

But it’s true. The Duke/SU rivalry will be massive if we win on Friday. Less massive if we don’t, because for the most part Duke thinks of SU as a mosquito on its butt.

No. We wish that were true, but Carolina will always be their most hated rival. Always. Until the sun explodes.

But it’s true. The Duke/SU rivalry will be massive if we win on Friday. Less massive if we don’t, because for the most part Duke thinks of SU as a mosquito on its butt.
That's why I put #2 rival (behind Carolina). This is how it starts (joining ACC). Then festers...a knock out in the tourney (when they are a heavy favorite now to win it all). We would certainly be hated for a long time. Rivalry picks up steam!!! Wishful thinking...but hey...

If you want a laugh and have Sirius on demand, listen to the PGA channel Brian Katrek and John Maginnes from today.

Jeff Neubarth, who is an SU grad, and the media lead for Callaway, and he is ripping on Duke with John.

His hypothetical is that Grayson Allen never marks his ball properly and trips guys on the green.

This won't be a popular post but...

I like Duke's basketball program and root for them when they are not playing Syracuse. I like their players (with a few notable exceptions).

I like their style of play.

[If it turns out that they are cheating - I will be very disappointed.]

I never hated an opponent when I played and for me it diminishes a rivalry to be disrespectful of their program and school.

Just my opinion.

I like Duke's basketball program and root for them when they are not playing Syracuse. I like their players (with a few notable exceptions).

I never hated an opponent when I played and for me it diminishes a rivalry to be disrespectful of their program and school.

Just my opinion.
I totally agree with you. This won't be popular.

Just my opinion.
I am with you, my friend. We are comrades in arms. But we were at Duke for 12 years. What’s your excuse?

Just my opinion.

I think the type of player they suit up has changed considerably in the last 5-6 years. For the better. I find them far less annoying.

I don’t care for their whole scene though. The coaches, the fans, the students...that’s what makes them “hatable” to me. Allen is their only current player I dislike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom