I'm impressed with our inroads in the deep South | Syracusefan.com

I'm impressed with our inroads in the deep South

CaliCuse

All American
Georgia is damn good . Florida is south geographically but not the sociologically same as Mississippi or Tennessee.We can get better but its rough to get kids out of that area who have lived there all their lives and would have a difficult adjustment to us Yankees.Some swear allegiance to the Confederate flag and not the stars and stripes.:(

Not for nothing, but I honestly think it will be a matter of time before we can successfully pick some players from GA. I truly believe with Cam Lynch, Kristofer Curtis, and Joshua Parris we will set some roots there, though I must say Coach Atkins is essential in this as it can be Jimmy Brambaugh.

Georgia is damn good . Florida is south geographically but not the sociologically same as Mississippi or Tennessee.We can get better but its rough to get kids out of that area who have lived there all their lives and would have a difficult adjustment to us Yankees.Some swear allegiance to the Confederate flag and not the stars and stripes.:(
what a bizarre time to decide to make this post

and I believe that most of the kids SU has signed from the south recently are african-americans - so I wouldn't worry too much about an allegiance to the confederate flag being a barrier

I was going through my recruiting magus and noticed that we are getting mentions in areas that are/were rare for us hence the post. Recruiting is 27/7 for me. Sorry if it disrupts your time line I thought it was worth a mention since we are still out there for some more kids,I think. I don't think we know what the limit is going to be on this year's catch I know the boat is filling up but I think we are still under the limit.

Syracuse should be selling itself as the football birthplace of Civil Rights for minorities. This program produced the first black Heisman Trophy winner, & fought the racism of southern schools by backing up their black players when faced with this southern bigotry. These young athletes in the south need to be educated about where they came from & where they should go... To the 'CUSE !!!!