I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Rez Dogs is awesome.

Physical on Apple TV+ isn't for everybody, but my wife and I are really enjoying it.

I've watched the first three episodes. I liked it, but it's Generation V.
Compound V sounds like a feminine hygiene salve :)
Yep, just watched the latest eposode and was coming back to edit out my mistake, but too late. However, the correct name of the show is just Gen V.

Gynowash-sounding Compound V is the drug that parents put their kids on to give them superpowers.

Went back to watch some of Moonlighting. Missed its first couple of years at college, but had seen enough to know it had some good moments.. Saw the Pilot for the first time.

Interesting to see Bruce Willis before he blew up.

Anyone in on The Morning Show (Apple)?

Season one was okay. Two, less okay. Three had too much ‘dumb stuff.’ Overall, it has been nowhere as intelligently done with the ’retrospective/contemporaneous news’ scheme.
Tried watching Lessons in Chemistry, but… WHY? Oh, my god. Who or What in that show is supposed to be interesting, compelling, or whatever? There’s zero charm, and negative “chemistry” and every moment is like being hit over the head with blatant sexism. A song with one note.

For All Mankind is back. After the first episode, I feel like my enthusiasm is all but gone.

At the suggestion of a coworker, I started watching Suits for the first time. I did not realize what a dish Meghan Markle was. Would have watched sooner. But, after three seasons, they really ‘offended’ me with a character and quit on it. Tried to go back a week later, but the inertia and tolerance were gone.

I’m actually back to binging The Sopranos. Again.

Season one was okay. Two, less okay. Three had too much ‘dumb stuff.’ Overall, it has been nowhere as intelligently done with the ’retrospective/contemporaneous news’ scheme.
Tried watching Lessons in Chemistry, but… WHY? Oh, my god. Who or What in that show is supposed to be interesting, compelling, or whatever? There’s zero charm, and negative “chemistry” and every moment is like being hit over the head with blatant sexism. A song with one note.

For All Mankind is back. After the first episode, I feel like my enthusiasm is all but gone.

At the suggestion of a coworker, I started watching Suits for the first time. I did not realize what a dish Meghan Markle was. Would have watched sooner. But, after three seasons, they really ‘offended’ me with a character and quit on it. Tried to go back a week later, but the inertia and tolerance were gone.

Is it the Devitos who pulled you back in?

I stumbled upon "30 Coins" over the weekend. Watched 3 or 4 episodes from year 2.

This series is apparently a HBO Europe project. Didn't know there even was an HBO Europe.

It is a horror series that is pretty over the top. Yet very different and interesting for its strangeness.

I gotta check out the first year. But from what I have seen, if you are bored and like horror, this might be something you will like.

The only person I recognize is Paul Giamatti though I might have seen Macarena Gómez in some other roles.

Anyone else watching it?

I think I've watched it all the way through 3 times. At least 2 plus.

Once you start that snowball down the mountain, it's hard to stop it.
Yeah, i'm sure i've watched it through more than that. Which is why i didn't even think i would be able to watch it this time. I could only get through the first ten minutes of episode one before giving up, but i went back a couple of days later, and since then it's been one or two episodes a day...

Fun/ny thing about both The Wire and The Sopranos—after two episodes, i start talking to myself like those characters. My fave word of the week is "ugatz"/"oogats" (however it's spelled...).

Yeah, i'm sure i've watched it through more than that. Which is why i didn't even think i would be able to watch it this time. I could only get through the first ten minutes of episode one before giving up, but i went back a couple of days later, and since then it's been one or two episodes a day...

Fun/ny thing about both The Wire and The Sopranos—after two episodes, i start talking to myself like those characters. My fave word of the week is "ugatz"/"oogats" (however it's spelled...).

Manigot
Gabagool
Fanook
Marone (not that one)

Those words are going through my head over and over when I watch it.

Manigot
Gabagool
Fanook
Marone (not that one)

Those words are going through my head over and over when I watch it.
Yeah, gabagool is amazing. My other good one is pishadoo.

We watched maybe two episodes the morning show before punting. Nothing interesting at all.

We started watching Yellowstone over the weekend. So far so good.

I watch it. But it's a soap opera with really high production value.
That's a really good characterization of it. Maybe if i viewed from that perspective, i wouldn't be so disappointed in it.