I'm open! I'm on the other team's bench | Syracusefan.com

I'm open! I'm on the other team's bench

From the first video, officially that should have been a bench technical for that player standing up waving his arms.Ref missed it.

I thought that might be what should have been called also, but I wasn't sure of the actual rule.

I thought that might be what should have been called also, but I wasn't sure of the actual rule.

There's a rule bench about players standing up while the game is in play? Or is it that they can't wave their arms?

maxresdefault.jpg

There's a rule bench about players standing up while the game is in play? Or is it that they can't wave their arms?

NCAA rules
c. Assistant coaches and bench personnel. All bench personnel, with the exception of the head coach, are required to be seated on the bench while the ball is live except to react spontaneously to an outstanding play and then to immediately return to sitting on the bench. Violations by players, especially assistant coaches, should not be tolerated by officials. When assistant coaches or bench personnel are violating bench decorum rules in a minor way, the official shall inform the head coach and request that he handle the situation. This is an official warning. Any further violation by bench personnel shall result in a technical foul assessed to the offender. Egregious (blatant) conduct violations by assistant coaches or bench personnel need no warning and shall immediately result in a technical foul. A tehnical foul assessed to bench personnel is also assessed as a CLASS B technical foul to the head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom