I'm sorry, QG has to stop taking 3's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm sorry, QG has to stop taking 3's

JB had the best line last press conference before this game saying something to the effect he hopes he lives long enough to see him make a 3.

QG is a shooting 14% from 3. If I was defending him I'd say "shoot" when he's behind the 3-point line. I think JB should tell him to shot a 3 only when the shot clock is at 1.
Then he’s due! Lol

Looking forward to next year when nothing gets dropped by Quincy's hands. That late pass by edwards out of bounce, ugh.
Again,at that point in the game, unless it’s off a rebound, there is no reason at all for the ball to be in Edwards hands. Terrible pass by Hughes I believe.

He took those threes during a time where Dolezaj was on the bench, Girard was still sleepwalking and they had Buddy & Hughes locked down.

I didn’t hate the shots.

Again,at that point in the game, unless it’s off a rebound, there is no reason at all for the ball to be in Edwards hands. Terrible pass by Hughes I believe.
He should of went to the rim without hesitating, curious if the pass surprised him.

Hope I live long enough to see either great play out of a timeout or an easy basket off an inbounds.

Dude. Cuse routinely does an excellent job at both.

Just not this time.
Mostly due to Clemson playing good D.
You know - the other team is trying to win too, right? :rolleyes:

How many times have we run that play where it gets inbounded to a guy in the corner (Marek or Eli typically), Buddy runs behind them as a natural screen, takes a handoff, and splashes a 3?

We’ve run that a ton.
But that also means Clemson had certainly seen it, and wasn’t going to let that happen.

Dude. Cuse routinely does an excellent job at both.

Just not this time.
Mostly due to Clemson playing good D.
You know - the other team is trying to win too, right? :rolleyes:

How many times have we run that play where it gets inbounded to a guy in the corner (Marek or Eli typically), Buddy runs behind them as a natural screen, takes a handoff, and splashes a 3?

We’ve run that a ton.
But that also means Clemson had certainly seen it, and wasn’t going to let that happen.

It has not happened as often as you imply. We ran the same thing for Frank Howard.

There was an inbounds play last night under the basket where Quincy slipped to the rim and had a wide open look. Buddy didn't pass it quick enough and the defender caught up. My guess is that play was drawn up and not executed. There was a time though where it seemed we routinely got layups out of timeouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom