I'm sure others have mentioned as well but I can't help but wonder... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm sure others have mentioned as well but I can't help but wonder...

did you know sids scoring and rebounding numbers are better than chewys last years?
Chukwu was a much better shot blocker and superior defensive force at the back of the zone; those skills are in short supply on this year's team.

Chukwu was a much better shot blocker and superior defensive force at the back of the zone; those skills are in short supply on this year's team.

the post I replied to was that we needed more production out of the 5 and that chewy would be 10x better. I stand by my post although a couple people started to move the goalposts.

That’s not accurate. Last year Chewy averaged 3.0 fouls per game compared to Sidbes 3.9 this year so no. Also chewy averaged 1.7 blocks compared to 1.1 vs BS. And I think his defense prescience was much better than BS.
However if you wanted to argue that we need an upgrade over both of them I would agree with you. We need more out of the 5 than both these guys give us. But if I had a choice I’d take chewy over bs.
As JB did.

the post I replied to was that we needed more production out of the 5 and that chewy would be 10x better. I stand by my post although a couple people started to move the goalposts.
I was just pointing out what I perceive to be the difference in their games. Statistically, Sidibe is a better rebounder, and they are a wash as scorers. Obviously, Chukwu isn't 10 times better.

As JB did.
Did he? It was mentioned that chewy could have gotten a 6th year had he applied, yet I don’t recall JB saying anything about asking chewy back.

Did he? It was mentioned that chewy could have gotten a 6th year had he applied, yet I don’t recall JB saying anything about asking chewy back.
You don’t know what jb and chewy discussed. This is purely your opinion. Maybe JB asked chewy to come back but chewy just wanted to move on. We don’t know. Like you mentioned earlier he had been in college for 5 years already and I remember him making comments saying he was ready to move on.

You don’t know what jb and chewy discussed. This is purely your opinion. Maybe JB asked chewy to come back but chewy just wanted to move on. We don’t know. Like you mentioned earlier he had been in college for 5 years already and I remember him making comments saying he was ready to move on.
I’m talking about public comments, of which there were none. That’s not opinion

Dakich said on the broadcast that if Syracuse had just an adequate center that we'd be pretty good. Sidibe is an awful defender and cant catch a pass. But if anyone on this site says what Dakich said he has a limited idea of what goes on in a basketball game. Good Lord the swollen heads of some. The great and wonderful Wizards of Oz. Stewart would have made us much better, same as Bazley would have .

Weird. That rarely happens around here

Dakich said on the broadcast that if Syracuse had just an adequate center that we'd be pretty good. Sidibe is an awful defender and cant catch a pass. But if anyone on this site says what Dakich said he has a limited idea of what goes on in a basketball game. Good Lord the swollen heads of some. The great and wonderful Wizards of Oz. Stewart would have made us much better, same as Bazley would have .
In theory every good player would make is better. The largely issue is if you were a top 50 big kid why would you come here? We never run anything for you and basically you would be rebounding and throwing outlet passes.

Miss Chewy Big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom