I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

it was a strange play all around. Arguing about something, but still he reacted without really looking then realized it was ref and handed him the ball. Not sure why the ref felt like it was worthy of more than a scolding.

Coaches are teachers and sometimes the students get out of line and Red did what he was supposed to do in the situation last night.Judah should learn from his mistakes and if that’s the worse thing he does in college he is going to be just fine. Let’s not make it out to be some kind of felony.
I didn’t like it and called it out as childish in the game thread, but it’s not a reason to cut him loose.
Mintz won't be here next year. We won't match whatever he is offered in the portal. We will spend that money elsewhere.

I disagree. We arent paying a guy who is prone to injury almost a million dollars when he graduated already. Hard pass
SU would of made up that cash in a few games in attendance alone had Jesse come back

Mintz won't be here next year. We won't match whatever he is offered in the portal. We will spend that money elsewhere.
Not sure you’re going to find someone nearly as good if you’re not willing to pay. Toxic personality is certainly annoying but the best coaches have dealt with it. At the end of the day, their job is to win.

Good luck ever being a top 20 team in the future if you aren’t going to pay up in todays game
How many years were we in the top 20 with Jesse? I wish he would have stayed as much as the next guy. But we couldn't match his price. That is also business. Because if we did, WVU would have just raised that number. We going to keep playing that game?

Weird?! It was embarrassing. Embarrassing for him. Embarrassing for Red.

In the era of Bobby Knights, Gene Hackmans, and Jim Boeheims, he would’ve been benched for the rest of the game and maybe for the next couple of games.
Settle down there, champ.

If he plays the rest of the way like he has the last four games, there’s a chance he could be an relatively early second round pick. And the longer he stays in college the less valuable he is to the pros. The NBA has always been the goal, so while I acknowledge the portal is a significant possibility, I don’t think going to league, which is the best case for everybody, is out of the question for Judah.

If he plays the rest of the way like he has the last four games, there’s a chance he could be an relatively early second round pick. And the longer he stays in college the less valuable he is to the pros. The NBA has always been the goal, so while I acknowledge the portal is a significant possibility, I don’t think going to league, which is the best case for everybody, is out of the question for Judah.
I didn't say that it was. Only that he probably won't be here next year.

If he plays the rest of the way like he has the last four games, there’s a chance he could be an relatively early second round pick. And the longer he stays in college the less valuable he is to the pros. The NBA has always been the goal, so while I acknowledge the portal is a significant possibility, I don’t think going to league, which is the best case for everybody, is not out of the question for Judah.
Highly unlikely he's ever going to be an NBA roster player so he needs to get whatever guaranteed cash he can and staying in college for 2 more years is likely the best way to go about maximizing earnings.

Very odd looking play. My sense at the time was that judah thought he was fouled, and instead of complaining to the ref he complained to red about the refs. Something like “coach ive been getting fouled all game and theyre not calling it!” I just think he was frustrated at the refs, there were 2 or 3 plays before that play that u could tell by his body language he thought he was fouled.

It was way above market. It's just not what he was worth on the "NIL" market. West Virginia was desperate.

Yup. This.

They wanted to get loaded up and send Huggy out a winner.

Then Huggy got loaded up, and sent himself out instead.

My understanding of the process w/ Jesse was something like this:
(All #’s SWAG - Scientific Wild-Ass Guesses)

Cuse - here’s $250k in NIL to run it back w us.
Jesse - sounds great!

Jesse’s dad pimps him around, gets bigger offer elsewhere

Jesse - I can get $400k from another team, match it or I’m gone.
Cuse - (grudgingly) ok, fine, we can make that happen.
Jesse - sounds great!

Jesse’s dad continues pimping him around, gets even bigger offer from
WVU.

Jesse - ok, I can now get $750k from WVU. Match it, or I’m gone.
Cuse - don’t let the door hit you….
/ fin.

You can only bargain in good faith for so long, when the other party cannot be trusted to honor their side of it, and they keep hunting for more $.

Sure - Jesse got more $ this season.
Yay for him.

But - he likely has a much more successful, higher profile season had he stayed.
And that also would’ve enhanced his Pro prospects.

Plus - the Cuse Nation network would be 144% behind him, instead of now thinking of him like a mercenary.

After the final home game judah was asked if he thought about this possibly being his last game at the dome. And he flat out said yes. He also said he thought about that after his last home game last year. No way he comes back again.

HE GONE

If he was the only player doing it, I’d say it’s judahs fault and no one else’s, but he was one of 4 this year doing that…
Players with NIL contracts are more entitled since their contracts are not tied to on court performance.

But I think a bigger issue may be Red's role change from an assistant coach to a head coach. For one thing his relationships with the players changed dramatically this year, and many of the returning players had different expectations for Red because the "bad cop" JB left. This is typical transition challenges and should settle down when Red has his own recruited roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom