Living Legend
Something disconcerting going on with the team:

Total offense vs. Wake Forest: WF - 406, SU - 299
Total offense vs. Rhode Island: RI - 266, SU - 354
Total offense vs. USC: USC - 501, SU - 331
Total offense vs. Toledo: Toledo - 438, SU - 366

This is not a pattern I like.

Don't care if it's pretty or not right now as long as we get those Ws

Yes, we're finding ways to win, but if we keep getting outgained like this, it's going to be tough to maintain that.

This team clearly isn't a finished product. But getting back to a bowl game again this year is imperative. Wins are all that matter now. Winning the next two would put SU in good position.

Its the lack of pressure from the defensive line and LBs that is hurting us. I understand the WF line was very good, and the talent at USC is always very high. But this is a bad pattern. People want to point to an injured defensive secondary as the weakness of this defense and I believe it actually starts with the play up front. QBs are able to get a nice pocket and step into their throws with plenty of time. Rarely have we seen an opposing QB actually have to make a pass into real tough pressure (possible exception is the backup for WF as he clearly was not prepared to step into the game late and go through all his options as well as the starter). Here's hoping Jones gets back on the field soon as I think that is one defender we are really missing.

I see one thing I like -- our offensive production is increasing.

You can make a case we could easily be 0-4...but we aren't. We are 3-1 and I would rather be lucky than good!

Our defense is bad. Shouldn't be really that surprising. We all knew it wouldn't be what it was last year

Not surprising at all, but still troubling, to say the least. Our offense needs to catch up a bit more so that each week doesn't become such a dogfight as they try to keep up with the other team.

and it was the D that won us the game in OT thanks to the int.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom