I'm trying to decide if Florida is really, really good or is Miss St is really, really bad | Syracusefan.com

I'm trying to decide if Florida is really, really good or is Miss St is really, really bad

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I know the SEC is not very good so I decided to look at who Miss State has played this year. Let's see, they lost by three to Troy, they lost by 46 to UNC, they lost by 27 to Marquette, they lost by ten to Providence, they lost by eight to Loyola Chicago, they lost by two to Alabama A & M and they lost by 26 to Arkansas.

So as much as I respect Billy the Kid and the Florida Gators, I've decided that the SEC really sucks and that Miss State is really, really bad.

The SEC is so bad this year it's really hard to tell. No doubt they're good but OOC they didn't look like world beaters in their two loses to Arizona and K State.

The SEC is so bad this year it's really hard to tell. No doubt they're good but OOC they didn't look like world beaters in their two loses to Arizona and K State.
Florida is a good team, almost like the flavor of the month. But that schedule will do them no favors going into the tourney.

I think they're the best team right now, with a slight nod over Kansas.

But they don't really scare me in March. Our zone has given them trouble the past few years and they definitely have issues with our length.

Current KenPom ratin is best since 2008 Kansas.

Not a lot of teams look like world beaters when they lose.

Who's your top-5?[
Rankings are the dumbest crap. They mean nothing it's just a weekly feel. I prefer doing a top 5 going into the tourney, I will let you know then. I will also fill out an NIT bracket top 5 and UK will be 1 for sure.

Florida and Michigan are a notch above the rest IMO. Kansas/Duke/Indiana/Cuse/Zona and barely Louisville all in the next group. One of those 8 win it all.

About Florida, yes they're better than last year. But don't we usually take care of these guys?
Overall record is 4-1
Last two times we played them, we beat them.

I really don't care who they play (Kentucky, lol) so much as how we fair against them and considering both teams have returning players from a few of these games, it is relevant.

Now, please, tell me again how we will lose to them. Confidence is strong today, hah?

About Florida, yes they're better than last year. But don't we usually take care of these guys?
Overall record is 4-1
Last two times we played them, we beat them.

I really don't care who they play (Kentucky, lol) so much as how we fair against them and considering both teams have returning players from a few of these games, it is relevant.
I think of all the elite teams right now, UF doesn't worry me as much as Kansas/Michigan, etc...but they doesn't take away the fact they're probably the best team in America

nice to remain noncommittal i suppose.
Ok I have said this from the beginning of the season we are going to win the tournament this year. Losing southerland was huge, and with him I think they are the best team. I kick myself everyday for not taking them at 25 to 1

Florida and Michigan are a notch above the rest IMO. Kansas/Duke/Indiana/Cuse/Zona and barely Louisville all in the next group. One of those 8 win it all.
Now put James in the equation,hypothetically.

I think of all the elite teams right now, UF doesn't worry me as much as Kansas/Michigan, etc...but they doesn't take away the fact they're probably the best team in America
IMO, def worry more about Kansas and Michigan, that's why I do not think Florida is the best team in the country.
Shoot, I'd be more scared of Indiana than Florida.

MSU is an awful basketball team. Florida is very good but man the SEC is bad

IMO, def worry more about Kansas and Michigan, that's why I do not think Florida is the best team in the country.
Shoot, I'd be more scared of Indiana than Florida.
I think "worry" is based on how your team would fare against someone else. Taking an overview of the landscape of college basketball right now I think Florida is playing the best out of anyone.

If I were to rate the top 5 teams vs. the top 5 teams I'd be nervous about facing as a Syracuse fan, I'd have different rankings.

I think "worry" is based on how your team would fare against someone else. Taking an overview of the landscape of college basketball right now I think Florida is playing the best out of anyone.

If I were to rate the top 5 teams vs. the top 5 teams I'd be nervous about facing as a Syracuse fan, I'd have different rankings.
That's why rankings are dumb. The only rankings I follow are the seeds in March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom