I'm trying to decide if Florida is really, really good or is Miss St is really, really bad | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm trying to decide if Florida is really, really good or is Miss St is really, really bad

With James I put us number three behind Florida and Michigan.
That's fine, I love the matchup against either team. I also think James adds another dimension with Grant playing so well.

I think "worry" is based on how your team would fare against someone else. Taking an overview of the landscape of college basketball right now I think Florida is playing the best out of anyone.

If I were to rate the top 5 teams vs. the top 5 teams I'd be nervous about facing as a Syracuse fan, I'd have different rankings.
I appreciate that point, makes good sense. I'm thinking for selfish reasons, ie, who has the best chance of beating us, etc. But going by your perspective, yes, I definitely put Florida right up there.
Still, just the same, they can have the best in the country title, so long as we beat the citrus out of those Orange wannabes.

That's fine, I love the matchup against either team. I think James adds another dimension with Grant playing so well.

No doubt, it's a crap shoot this year really. Whoever gets hot will win it, no elite teams just a bunch of good teams. I think Michigan and Florida are the most well rounded teams and we can be as well if MCW starts playing within the team concept and not on his own plus we get James back. It would be nice to have a better defensive center, Patric Young would work us this year unlike when we had Fab. Rak needs to step up for us to win it all, Keita won't cut it in the Tourney as our best option.

About Florida, yes they're better than last year. But don't we usually take care of these guys?
Overall record is 4-1
Last two times we played them, we beat them.

I really don't care who they play (Kentucky, lol) so much as how we fair against them and considering both teams have returning players from a few of these games, it is relevant.

Now, please, tell me again how we will lose to them. Confidence is strong today, hah?

Who we match up with well and who is the best team are completely different things. There are plenty of teams that are non-title contenders that could very easily beat us, and you could say the same about every other team. In a one and done format, though, you try to identify the team with the fewest roadblocks, and then you roll the dice.

Florida and Michigan are a notch above the rest IMO. Kansas/Duke/Indiana/Cuse/Zona and barely Louisville all in the next group. One of those 8 win it all.

I agree but I would push Kansas up with Florida and Michigan.

Cheers,
Neil

I don't know much about Montana State. Educate me.

They are in a dogfight with Idaho State as we speak. Not as good as their state sharing brother the Grizzlies thats for sure.

I agree but I would push Kansas up with Florida and Michigan.

Cheers,
Neil

Yeah I don't have much of a read on Kansas, lots of talent but young. Withey is a monster defending the rim though.

Yeah I don't have much of a read on Kansas, lots of talent but young. Withey is a monster defending the rim though.

Kansas is the polar opposite of young. They start 4 seniors and a redshirt frosh. The latter may be the # 1 pick in the country, so all five may leave next year.

Kansas is the polar opposite of young. They start 4 seniors and a redshirt frosh. The latter may be the # 1 pick in the country, so all five may leave next year.

Well that explains me not having much of a read on them. :D

Lots of talent, but hardly young. They start 4 seniors and the best freshman in the country, imho.

Cheers,
Neil

My kansas fan father in law Christmas Day "Kansas has this kid who is just was good as Carmelo was" I just laughed, and he's like "we'll not really but he's good".

I know. Thank god I didn't make it a 5SSL. Big east road game, I shouldn't have been so excited
Yeah I will give you credit, you didn't give the super duper 5ssl.

Probably should just give them the trophy that's how good they are.

25782750.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom