Imagine if Southerland was ruled eligible tomorrow... | Syracusefan.com

Imagine if Southerland was ruled eligible tomorrow...

The world of college basketball would collectively & simultaneously its pants. We scared a lot of teams this past weekend.
I was just going to post a southerland thread. We can call him coach now.

I will not be in uniform today. But, I'll be on the bench cheering on my teammates. Y'all can call me Coach Southerland for now.
11:42am - 21 Jan 13

The world of college basketball would collectively & simultaneously its pants. We scared a lot of teams this past weekend.
I think he will be back for Nova. Just a hunch.

Well now the theory of we cant win without james gets flushed down the toilet. Yes we will get beat if he doesnt come back. I get that however we have shown we can beat the top teams without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Southerland comes back, does that make JB's job easier or harder. Some guys will definitely be boeheimed down the stretch (as we can already see even without JSIII).

It's sad that it's taking this long during the regular season to suss out whether or not Southerland committed an infraction. If he's innocent? "Oops, sorry to cost you four (or more) games of your senior season"?

I guess it's like blaming the refs, don't ever let it get to a point where the refs can decide a game, but for an organization that endlessly demands accountability, the NCAA has zero accountability.

It's sad that it's taking this long during the regular season to suss out whether or not Southerland committed an infraction. If he's innocent? "Oops, sorry to cost you four (or more) games of your senior season"?

I guess it's like blaming the refs, don't ever let it get to a point where the refs can decide a game, but for an organization that endlessly demands accountability, the NCAA has zero accountability.
It's such a crap situation because it's the school keeping him out, not the NCAA. The NCAA doesn't have to rush anything at this point because they didn't force him to miss any games. Meanwhile, the school can't risk allowing him back until it clears. If the whole thing blows over and the NCAA says "oops", they still won't have to take any crap for it. So annoying.

I'm guessing the SUAD is just hoping that if they find anything it will be a minor violation at most, and then the NCAA rules the punishment to be that of "time already served". Better to miss games early than late I suppose.

It's such a crap situation because it's the school keeping him out, not the NCAA. The NCAA doesn't have to rush anything at this point because they didn't force him to miss any games. Meanwhile, the school can't risk allowing him back until it clears. If the whole thing blows over and the NCAA says "oops", they still won't have to take any crap for it. So annoying.

I'm guessing the SUAD is just hoping that if they find anything it will be a minor violation at most, and then the NCAA rules the punishment to be that of "time already served". Better to miss games early than late I suppose.
Yeah. As someone else already mentioned, he told Matt Roe last night he would hopefully have some things figured out this week. What that means is anybody's guess.

Fab missed games on 1/21, 1/23 and 1/28. His first game back was 2/4.

Dirty missed games on 1/12, 1/19 and 1/21.

Every situation is different and we dont know the details of each case but the appeals process should be wrapped up very soon, I would think.

Hey, it's only taken the NCAA two years to decide what happened in Miami!!

Edit: By the way, did you hear Bilas' disparaging remark about the NCAA and the Miami affair during the Cincy game? Really put them down.

Hey, it's only taken the NCAA two years to decide what happened in Miami!!
Kind of off topic. Mizou did not show up against Fla I have to assume that had something to do with it. At the end of the day somehow Oriahki leaves one mess for another mess and still has a NT. who woulda thunk? Just some random thoughts.

The way I see it if Dirty comes back, Coleman's minutes are going to get cut more, and Rak's forward minutes get cut more. Situationally Baye and Rak gobble the minutes at center, and the forward minutes go 30-35 for CJ and James, 10-20 for Grant, with token minutes taken out to accomodate Rak starting at the 4 before moving over to the 5.

The way I see it if Dirty comes back, Coleman's minutes are going to get cut more, and Rak's forward minutes get cut more. Situationally Baye and Rak gobble the minutes at center, and the forward minutes go 30-35 for CJ and James, 10-20 for Grant, with token minutes taken out to accomodate Rak starting at the 4 before moving over to the 5.

I agree completely.

I'm a little concerned the "insiders" have been hush, hush about Southerland. I would THINK if he was getting closer to coming back they would say something...even in a cryptic way.

Well now the theory of we cant win without james gets flushed down the toilet. Yes we will get beat if he doesnt come back. I get that however we have shown we can beat the top teams without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not can we win w/o him, it's can we win 6 straight w/o him.

I
I'm a little concerned the "insiders" have been hush, hush about Southerland. I would THINK if he was getting closer to coming back they would say something...even in a cryptic way.
If you remember with Fab, it was the night before the ND game that information started coming out that he was not traveling to ND. Sometimes you just have to let things play out, insiders or not.

I learned recently I have become cynical, I didn't know, and it kind of just happened, so I kinda feel that we will never see #43 play another game, and in fact will have many wins removed. Really hope I am wrong about that. Maybe it is just the expect the worst thing...

I am a BIG Jerami Grant fan anyway and Trevor's light bulb is warming up soon enough TC will have a breakout 5-6 3s game

But I don't like that fair has played 80 minutes the last 2 games. That's a lot of tear. Glad there is only 2 games in 12 days right now, maybe get closure to the situation and rest up a bit to prep for the Feb. grind.

Then also imagine if Cincinnati's PG and second leading scorer Cashmere Wright hadn't suffered an injury (which caused him to sit out the previous two games) and was healthy enough to shoot better than 2-13 with 0 assists and likely sub-par defense.

Just saying.

The possibility exists that DC2's minutes stay about average though because he starts. And if his start goes like at LVille where SU takes the lead, it is a lot easier to keep him in.

CJs minutes should back down from 40. And Cooney may have to give up a few, especially if he doesn't hit from deep quickly. The 3 guard lineup will certainly be dumped, if it hasn't been already. Grant has looked good and I too hope JB will give him 10-20 when James returns.

"Trevor's light bulb is warming up"

don't wanna sound too bold but i'd say trevor's cookin' hotter than an easy bake oven right about now.