IMG Impact to our recruits | Syracusefan.com

IMG Impact to our recruits

cuseincincy

All Conference
First off I'm thrilled by both Taylor and Copeland. And overall it has to be a big positive for them and their development playing at IMG. But looking with eyes open they are the 7th and 10th ranked players on their team. QC is the 4th guard and Taylor is 2nd among 3 SF's (5* and another 4*) and you gotta think with 3 PF's (one a little smaller than him) that they might creep into the overall forward rotation. Do any of the top players at IMG switch between the various teams they have in order to get game time? What kind of game time should they expect? Is practice even more important there because that's where they will get the best competition? Does this team even have such a thing as juniors? If so, I'd assume they are pretty highly rated also.
I think what I like most about them is knowing that they will both likely be ready to play and contribute as freshmen. I certainly can't see them being intimidated after playing and living with the group of players they have. I'd also assume they play Monteverde a couple times and they may have more talent then IMG! Add a PF with some size and we can call this class a wrap imo.

First off I'm thrilled by both Taylor and Copeland. And overall it has to be a big positive for them and their development playing at IMG. But looking with eyes open they are the 7th and 10th ranked players on their team. QC is the 4th guard and Taylor is 2nd among 3 SF's (5* and another 4*) and you gotta think with 3 PF's (one a little smaller than him) that they might creep into the overall forward rotation. Do any of the top players at IMG switch between the various teams they have in order to get game time? What kind of game time should they expect? Is practice even more important there because that's where they will get the best competition? Does this team even have such a thing as juniors? If so, I'd assume they are pretty highly rated also.
I think what I like most about them is knowing that they will both likely be ready to play and contribute as freshmen. I certainly can't see them being intimidated after playing and living with the group of players they have. I'd also assume they play Monteverde a couple times and they may have more talent then IMG! Add a PF with some size and we can call this class a wrap imo.

where were you able to find the rosters? I’ve looked a few times and haven’t found anything, not even on their website.

Are you looking at just the post grads?

Rankings don’t always reflect who’s ready to play.
Rankings are what they are. I dont think anyone thinks they are 100% accurate. I would say any of their players will be ready to play regardless of ranking simply by practicing against each other.

I really was asking because its unrealistic to think we are getting a PG or SF that has led his team through a season under pressure to perform. But they may end up better players despite not having tjat type of experience. Will be interesting for sure.

Last edited:
This is what MaxPreps has listed for the '21-22 Varsity team at IMG, but this looks like their National Team roster to me... ;)
Screenshot_20211016-024132_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-024155_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-024522_Chrome.jpg

yea that looks like the national team. I think Copeland and Taylor are on the prep team.
Yes, our two guys are on the Post Grad team. JT's mother confirmed that. I haven't been able to find a roster of the current PG squad yet.

We just got one in the Women’s Hoops program!

I'm curious how the IMG teams interact. Do they ever practice together? Scrimage? Some, none, all the time? Would love to have them battling against each other even if its only from time to time. Lot of good players and quality competition at that school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom