Importance of the Ville Game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Importance of the Ville Game...

if we lose to the ville & first game at msg, it Wii like be against a tourney team, no losses to anyone outside the tournament.

number one rpi, outright big east title, and holding one or 2 in the country and this discussion is just silly.

however a two seed in Boston could be worth such an event as stated by Mr. hanky. Syracusefan would have the exclusive.

We got a #1 seed in 2010 by losing our last 2 and our center. I will eat a steaming pile of dog if we are not a #1 seed and broadcast it on this site live if we dont get a #1 seed.
1 guy 1 cup?

Anyone have a mastiff on this board?

Anyone?
Unfortunately we lost ours last spring. Anyway, I don't think I could afford to ship a single load of mastiff leavings let alone knowing Marsh would rather eat his words than go through with that much. ;)

Unfortunately we lost ours last spring. Anyway, I don't think I could afford to ship a single load of mastiff leavings let alone knowing Marsh would rather eat his words than go through with that much. ;)

Hey I am a stand up guy. Mastiff poop or bust. Moot point however as we will be a #1.

I say this every year but I don't mind at all if Syracuse plays two more games prior to the NCAA tournament, we have a veteran team, the extra run does nothing, get the rest. F the Big East tournament, I know the fans like it, but it's basically a preseason tournament. It's great if you are a bubble team but other than that BFD.

I don't root for SU to get knocked out but there certainly is some upside to losing early, IMO

I say this every year but I don't mind at all if Syracuse plays two more games prior to the NCAA tournament, we have a veteran team, the extra run does nothing, get the rest. F the Big East tournament, I know the fans like it, but it's basically a preseason tournament. It's great if you are a bubble team but other than that BFD.

I don't root for SU to get knocked out but there certainly is some upside to losing early, IMO
I think this years BET will be a little more interesting. I think JB will do the sub routine, right from the get-go. I think he may continue it in the second half also. Then if it remains as successful as it was in the first half at UConn, it could add to his confidence level.

If there is a several game run, through a rough slate of games at MSG, using this strategy it would go a long way to helping use this in the NCAAT.
Plus I just like watching SU when they play that way. The energy and waves of people.

The only downside could be injuries. But you can't let that stop you. A BET title would be another feather in the cap for this team. If the vets are only playing 25 a night, the rest excuse seems overrated. Win the thing while subbing like a madman.

We got a #1 seed in 2010 by losing our last 2 and our center.

This is of course all speculation, but I think the head to head win @WVU (who won the BET) saved us that year. If we hadn't played them at all, or even if the lone game vs them was in the Dome, who knows. We won't have that going for us vs the ACC/Big12/Mich St teams this year. I still think it's a joke that Duke jumped us (AO or no AO) on the basis of beating NIT teams in the ACC tourney, but that only furthers the point that it's hard to trust the committee.

Not to be "that guy" or anything, 'cause a lot of stuff still needs to happen. Even though Mich. St will be the favorite to win the Big10 tourney there's still less than a 50/50 shot they will do so. And there's a good chance the winner of Saturday's UNC-Duke game won't also win the ACC tourney (if they don't lose to the other in a 3rd game, they could lose to FSU or someone).
It's hard to see Kentucky losing to Georgia or some crappy team in their 1st SEC tourney game, though I wouldn't be shocked if they lost @Florida.

I just don't see UK losing to UF. UF looks bad.

Sure but it's going to be their super bowl much like Uconn the other night. I mean it's not going to be a double digit spread or anything.

Sure but it's going to be their super bowl much like Uconn the other night. I mean it's not going to be a double digit spread or anything.
Honestly I'll be surprised if UK doesn't win by 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom