Important Road Win | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Important Road Win

These are the games we need to win. If we can finish .500 or a game or two above it I'll be happy.

I still think we can get a lot better, Carey has talent, he needs to play. Marek needs to really be smarter with his defense to prevent early exits. Think those two are the keys to see how far we can really go.

I can not understand why Chukwu has shown no improvement in either skill or strength, but I guess he is what he is. Sidibe is trying but not there, I believe his problems are physical(legs/knees), he is learning to play differently than he always could before, it will take time.
We will bring in Akok next year but probably a project, we must get another body at center preferably someone with a little bulk.

no Akok for Cuse

Important win. Another step toward emerging from the hole we’ve dug.

Better ball movement, much better rebounding, but still an alarming lack of post contributions from the bigs.

good road win today. OB and elijah stepped up their game and carey looked quick as heck.

I hope they can turn it around and play better down the road as today's win will become more impressive. Unfortunately, I feel they are a year away, and will finish at the bottom of the league. Thankfully, they did not look good today as the officiating kept the game within reach and have not looked good in their previous games.
ND beat Purdue in the ACC Big 10 Challenge. That’s a very good win.

ND beat Purdue in the ACC Big 10 Challenge. That’s a very good win.
I did not know that. I know that they lost to Radford and a abysmal UCLA team. Unfortunately, I still think they finish at the bottom of conference play.

Notre Dame doesnt look great but i’ll take any double digit road win in south bend. Onward and upward

It's a road W for sure, but not sure I'd call it "important". This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for ND and they've lost both seniors, Burns and their best player, Pflueger... so they have pedestrian expectations at this point.

Anyways, now you know why this will be downplayed by the pundits as a good win during our annual bubble watch discussion... Seth Davis will be all over it, lol :)

These are the games we need to win. If we can finish .500 or a game or two above it I'll be happy.

I still think we can get a lot better, Carey has talent, he needs to play. Marek needs to really be smarter with his defense to prevent early exits. Think those two are the keys to see how far we can really go.

Yeah, some positives today. They didn't fold when things got hot in the second half. They hit some open shots. They rebounded well offensively. But you still see the poor offensive flow on a bunch of possessions. And the complete ineptitude inside. You wonder if today was a good performance or an average one. If it's good, I think we'll struggle to win 9. If it's average, 12 is within the realm of possibility.

It’s an important win because it would look like a really bad loss by the end of the year had we not won. Kind of like losing to them last year when they had multiple guys injured or like losing to BC anytime.

A win is never a negative. A loss is never a positive. Certainly a win vs. Cornell or St. Bonaventure won't count much on Selection Sunday. But a close loss to Duke or NC won't count much either. No such thing as Quadrant 1 or 2 close losses to highly ranked teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom