In a worst case scenario... | Syracusefan.com

In a worst case scenario...

RaleighSUfan

Scout Team
Would Jerami Grant be able to play in the middle of the zone in the event Rak and Keita were either injured or in foul trouble? I know he's not nearly as strong as Rak and he's a little shorter than both, but just curious what options we'd have at that point. I think we could get away with that against certain teams, but it would hurt us against someone with a legit big man.

I remember Kris Joseph playing in the middle during the 6OT game against Thabeet... pretty comical in hindsight!

Would Jerami Grant be able to play in the middle of the zone in the event Rak and Keita were either injured or in foul trouble? I know he's not nearly as strong as Rak and he's a little shorter than both, but just curious what options we'd have at that point. I think we could get away with that against certain teams, but it would hurt us against someone with a legit big man.

I remember Kris Joseph playing in the middle during the 6OT game against Thabeet... pretty comical in hindsight!

On the flip side. A lineup of Grant, Roberson, and CJ would be nearly impossible to stop. Just run an ISO for whoever the opponents center is guarding. Grant or CJ could most certainly beat the center to the basket every possession or at least get fouled.

On the flip side. A lineup of Grant, Roberson, and CJ would be nearly impossible to stop. Just run an ISO for whoever the opponents center is guarding. Grant or CJ could most certainly beat the center to the basket every possession or at least get fouled.
Did you see what Zanna did last night to a center that couldn't handle him?

Well, he did get Thabeet to foul out.

I think Warrick had to do it a few times. Grant isn't any thinner than him.