In all reality... | Syracusefan.com

In all reality...

RMH44

All American
...we could very easily be 8-2 right now. Gave away the NW, RU and Cin games and we were 5 points down, with the ball, at the end of the third quarter -vs- USC. Oh what could have been.

How about Minny? That is Football for Dummies, turnover edition.

I just don't think we gave away Cincy.

We were pushed all over the field- we could not stop the run.

Cincy made many mistakes and still won.

And we really didn't stop Minny either.

Rutgers was much more physical than we were- they created the TOs.

We should have beaten NW. No doubt. We gave the game away.

We should be 6-4 right now.

And we are on our way.

...we could very easily be 8-2 right now. Gave away the NW, RU and Cin games and we were 5 points down, with the ball, at the end of the third quarter -vs- USC. Oh what could have been.

If it was so easy they would be 8-2. They're not good enough yet to be that lucky.

Getting closer...

And we are on our way.
You must have watched a different game than I did. We dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Mistakes happen when you have a young team.

Re: Cincy game, we dropped THREE (Wales, West &Reddish) sure TD's that hit our players in the hands. Sure we had difficulty stopping the run but we moved the ball fairly easily also.

And we are on our way.

Sorry, we pretty much dominated Rutgers in terms of the line of scrimmage and yardage. One of the "turnovers" wasn't a turnover. They did block that kick though. I'll give you Cinci and Minny, we just couldn't overcome the mistakes we made in those games.

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda. We are 5 and 5 and have a chance to make a bowl appearance (second in 4 years, HUGE for our program). We all knew this would be a weird tough year, and I am proud of the staff and players for sticking with it. Let's not delve into the past and look to the future of the new season. We are in a two game tourney, win one and we are on the way to "our" championship game.

Sorry, we pretty much dominated Rutgers in terms of the line of scrimmage and yardage. One of the "turnovers" wasn't a turnover. They did block that kick though. I'll give you Cinci and Minny, we just couldn't overcome the mistakes we made in those games.

Sorry.

I was there - I was basically on the field.

Trust me. We were beat up.

Rutgers put all sorts of pressure on our offense - the TOs were the product of Rutgers' physical play.

Sorry.

Rutgers put all sorts of pressure on our offense - the TOs were the product of Rutgers' physical play.
can you ever admit you were wrong on something?

Sorry.

OPa ... what's your opinion on the first RU touchdown? You recall, since you were basically on the field, the one they fumbled into the end zone, which we recovered? I'm sure that was a result of their superior players too.

And we are on our way.
I agree. 7-3 tops if anything. We really gave away northwestern and we turned the ball over way too much against minny. The other games...meh. probably deserved to lose.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sorry.

Not worth arguing with you about it. Game can't be replayed anyway. Glad to hear you were there on the field. Rutgers hospitality tent?

OPa ... what's your opinion on the first RU touchdown? You recall, since you were basically on the field, the one they fumbled into the end zone, which we recovered? I'm sure that was a result of their superior players too.

Oh, I see it was referees again!

Blaming losses on referees is a loser's game.

We lost because Rutgers was way more physical.

They did what you have to against Nassib. They put a lot of pressure on him and forced him into multiple TOs. They harassed him all game.

I know. I know. We are obligated to say on this board that Rutgers sucks. I know that if you say that Rutgers is a solid program you must be some kind of turncoat.

Regardless of that nonsense, on both sides of the ball Rutgers was bigger, stronger and faster. They were better. Accept reality and move on.

Eh, almost 200 yds more offense. They won on a kick block return and a short field TD. That game was a give away.

Uh, they blocked the kick. They imposed their strength on us and took advantage of what they do well.

We did not lose because of unforced errors.

No, no he can not. Even when presented with hard evidence (see: betting lines thread a few wks back).

Two thongs.

One, nobody presented any proof of anything on betting lines.

Second, please give me hard evidence that Rutgers did not impose its physical superiority on us this fall. You can start with body size and speed data. You can also cite recruiting data.

What we get on this board too often is the same old BS. The referees cost us the game. Our coaches suck. Our play calling sucks. Blah, blah, blah.

So few can accept the idea that most of the time- not always- the better team wins.

I know how much it bothers some, but it's true.

how about the stats that we were clearly more physical rushing and passing than Rutgers?

we out physicaled them to the tune of 200+ yards more

what about the BULLSHIT 'fumble' that was clearly not, that led to RU's last TD (difference in game)?

how about the stats that we were clearly more physical rushing and passing than Rutgers?

we out physicaled them to the tune of 200+ yards more

what about the BULLSHIT 'fumble' that was clearly not, that led to RU's last TD (difference in game)?
Beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

Uh, they blocked the kick. They imposed their strength on us and took advantage of what they do well.

We did not lose because of unforced errors.
Ummm, Justin Pugh slipped and fell, had nothing to do with the imposition of strength.

Obviously you listened to Flood when he mentioned (tongue-in-cheek) that he likes his WR's to exit the bus first because they're so physically impressive...which they are. But no way in hell is RU as physical as we are along the line of scrimmage. The only other RU unit I'd give that distinction to would be their LB corp.

Ummm, Justin Pugh slipped and fell, had nothing to do with the imposition of strength.

Obviously you listened to Flood when he mentioned (tongue-in-cheek) that he likes his WR's to exit the bus first because they're so physically impressive...which they are. But no way in hell is RU as physical as we are along the line of scrimmage. The only other RU unit I'd give that distinction to would be their LB corp.
one player - their Freeney ... Greene

Oh, I see it was referees again!

Blaming losses on referees is a loser's game.

We lost because Rutgers was way more physical.

They did what you have to against Nassib. They put a lot of pressure on him and forced him into multiple TOs. They harassed him all game.

I know. I know. We are obligated to say on this board that Rutgers sucks. I know that if you say that Rutgers is a solid program you must be some kind of turncoat.

Regardless of that nonsense, on both sides of the ball Rutgers was bigger, stronger and faster. They were better. Accept reality and move on.
Here's the deal. Your opinion is your opinion. It doesn't make it right.

The reality is the team you feel was less talented and less physical dominated that game. However, we didn't finish in the red zone, we didn't respond when calls went against us, and RU made some plays (hats off to them).

Nowhere did I say RU sucks (your words, not mine). But I'm not the one that says weekly how our conference opponents are more talented and better than us. More disciplined. Likely. Better winning culture. Perhaps. But we are now on par with everyone in this conference, and when we play smart, we can beat anybody on our schedule. Including USC.

The OP talked about how we could easily be 8-2. The reason we are not is more about Syracuse learning how to win and be disciplined and less about the relative talent level of our Orange compared to our opponents. That's the reality.

we're not,and shouldn't be based on the bad football we have played---no longer drinking the koolaid, EVERY WEEK THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT.--now and next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom