In an Alabama Bar | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

In an Alabama Bar

I have to admit I'm puzzling over "superb camping beer."

I am using that based on the fact it is cheap and you can bring a few 30 packs to last a weekend and not really care if someone decided to grab a bunch for themselves. I did not mind it when fishing, canoeing or sitting around the fire. Then again my standards drop like a rock when I am out in the wilderness.

Dang. Maybe he wasn't what we thought he was, but he looked like a D1 athlete to me.
Pig is/was certainly fast, and tall, etc. Think the big problem was adjusting to life away from home.

I’ve never seen a ‘Bama banner in Syracuse.
Not Syracuse, but there is one flying from a flag pole in Oswego County (near Mexico) on the corner of Rt 41 and Ft Leazar Road.

I'm not sure if there are true Tide connections or if he's just a front runner.

My brother in law is a lover of the crappier beers like Old Milwaukee, Blatz, Old Style, and Milwaukee's Best. I can drink them just fine, but there are a handful of beers that I just can't tolerate. The Pabst family of beers fall in to that category. The dysentery effect is an added bonus.
How about that beer that tastes like toilet water! Old Vienna! Now THAT was some crappy beer!

How about that beer that tastes like toilet water! Old Vienna! Now THAT was some crappy beer!
Don't think I've ever had the pleasure. When I was younger, one of our beers of choice was the fine French lager Gobels. As cheap and watered down as beer gets. May it rest in peace.

Come on! Those OV splits were smooth!
Splits were very popular in Oswego along with the Matt's beer balls.
1545006124052.jpeg
AR-160519625.jpg

Say what you will about Dr. Gross, but I think that slogan (dreamed up by his wife) still stands as a great college marketing programs

I also think despite him single-handedly sinking Fab Melo and the MBB program, he was great for the Olympic sports

Whomever the a-hole is that's responsible for making PBR a "hip" beer again should be thrown into the pit of misery. The only beer worse than that was PBR ice.
PBR may be doomed for good shortly. They are currently brewed, on contract, by Miller/Coors. The PBR parent is currently suing Coors because Coors recently shut down breweries and claim they now do not have capacity to meet the needs of contract. It's all in court but it appears that PBR may be headed out soon.

PBR

As much as I want it to be the end of pbr, it will just create a shortage and more of a demand for it. I can remember when Coors only sold their product west of the Mississippi. Anytime someone vacationed out west, they would almost be obliged to bring cases and cases of it back with them for all their friends and relatives. Then in the early 80's they started selling it nation wide, and people found out it really wasn't that special.

As much as I want it to be the end of pbr, it will just create a shortage and more of a demand for it. I can remember when Coors only sold their product west of the Mississippi. Anytime someone vacationed out west, they would almost be obliged to bring cases and cases of it back with them for all their friends and relatives. Then in the early 80's they started selling it nation wide, and people found out it really wasn't that special.
On my way east from Montana back in the day I loaded up on Coors in my VW camper van and sold it on the beaches in Florida. Did pretty good.

On my way east from Montana back in the day I loaded up on Coors in my VW camper van and sold it on the beaches in Florida. Did pretty good.
That's awesome. All those people probably said to themselves that they overpaid for a beer that tastes just like Miller High Life.