In comparison to other P5+BE teams do we play an enjoyable brand of basketball? | Syracusefan.com

In comparison to other P5+BE teams do we play an enjoyable brand of basketball?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Watching other teams I just see a lot better offensive basketball.
I don't think our style is an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball.
With all the talent we have and have had this is frustrating.

The modern gold standard for beautiful basketball from us was the 2010 team. It played a great game of basketball.

I just get frustrated watching all these games and seeing offense that isn't all ISO and 1 on 1 jump shots which is all we do.

If you find heart attacks enjoyable

Let's see, we don't play much defense this year and our offense has been straight up garbage for a few years now. I'm going to take no for $100, Alex.

Let's see, we don't play much defense this year and our offense has been straight up garbage for a few years now. I'm going to take no for $100, Alex.
Even being a dominant defensive team isn't enjoyable. Watching white knuckle games sucks. Winning helps but I am talking our philosophies.

Our offensive identity is just terrible.

It's not enjoyable brand. Now winning matters the most but I don't think with our talent expecting a better offensive system or atleast adjustments.

Even being a dominant defensive team isn't enjoyable. Watching white knuckle games sucks. Winning helps but I am talking our philosophies.

Our offensive identity is just terrible.

It's not enjoyable brand. Now winning matters the most but I don't think with our talent expecting a better offensive system or atleast adjustments.
It's tough to have good ISO offense in college because it requires a dominant point guard with multiple wing shooters.

In my opinion our current style is far from thrilling and can actually be boring at times. However, like all true fans, I keep watching and cheering.

Andy Rautins as a senior 2010? Was so much fun to watch because we had interior scorers and passed the ball SO WELL. So much fun to watch good passing teams with multiple weapons.

I think someone brought this up a while back; does Dino Babers coach basketball?
I would like to see us score 80 a night, and just not give up 90...

Our offense is just awful to watch. It's painful watching us try to run half court sets.

It's not because we don't have a PG.

We had a NC championship team in 2013 but our offense was pathetic.

My frustration with Jim Boeheim comes from the fact he doesn't change. Anyone who watches us play knows what we do. It's not hard to figure out. That doesn't work when you play teams with more depth and more talent.

Change the bleeping offense. It doesn't have to be all about the defense. You have to score to win games.

Our offense is all one on one and jump shooting. That isn't a recipe for consistency. Guess we have struggled recently because to win games we have had to rely on defense and had a small margin for error.

Please stop worrying about Greensboro and adopt some changes for the offense.

I like the way Notre Dame runs offense. They don't have many guys that can create off the dribble, but they use screens well, can shoot, and pass. I think Brey is one of the best offensive coaches in the country and has been for a long time.

Very good coach. And some have compared him to Dixon in terms of tourney success... Three straight elite 8s. No clue what they're talking about.

Brey doesn't get NBA prospects.
He fills his team with program 4 year guys and has a
great player development system.
Their kids get better each year. Our superior talent has beaten them more than they have beaten us.

I love Bray's system and I will take JB's results.
I just think JB's refusal to adapt offensively has hurt the program "bigly".

I think JB's offense generally works best when there is a strong post up player. The last 15 years, the offense has looked best with Hakim, Arinze and Rick Jackson. TT might be next guy to fill that role.

Yes

giphy.gif

I think if you took a poll of ACC fans for which team(s) play an exciting brand of basketball to watch, SU would be near the bottom. The zone slows the game down. Most other teams (and their fans) would equate playing against it to getting a root canal. Our offense has little transition any more and a lot of half court pounding the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds every possession. What ever happened to Syracuse fast break, high flying basketball of yesteryear?

I think if you took a poll of ACC fans for which team(s) play an exciting brand of basketball to watch, SU would be near the bottom. The zone slows the game down. Most other teams (and their fans) would equate playing against it to getting a root canal. Our offense has little transition any more and a lot of half court pounding the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds every possession. What ever happened to Syracuse fast break, high flying basketball of yesteryear?
Miss those running teams. I mean don't top recruits want be high flying instead of locked into basic half court sets and playing a defense the NBA doesn't feature?

Is passing the ball around the perimeter and setting up a bunch of ineffective screens up top exciting basketball? Not for me. And yet, I still live and die Cuse basketball. Been a very long feeling 3 year skid with the only saving grace the "look what I found" surprise trip to the final four last year- otherwise this dark period would be utterly interminable.

I often say, if I didn't love Syracuse basketball I would hate Syracuse basketball.

When everything is clicking it's fun. But it's rare that everything is clicking. Our offense is a joke and I hate hate HATE how we always let the opponent dictate tempo.

Honestly, our style of play has turned me off to college hoops. I watch more NBA these days.

Not because they won it all last year (though it doesn't hurt), but I've long admired the style of Jay Wright's Nova teams.

Very good coach. And some have compared him to Dixon in terms of tourney success... Three straight elite 8s. No clue what they're talking about.

Only 2 straight Elite Eights.

One is 12-11 in the NCAAs in 14 years as a P5+1 Head Coach
One is 12-13 in the NCAAs in 17 years as a P5+1 Head Coach

Pretty close comparison.

Watching other teams I just see a lot better offensive basketball.
I don't think our style is an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball.
With all the talent we have and have had this is frustrating.

The modern gold standard for beautiful basketball from us was the 2010 team. It played a great game of basketball.

I just get frustrated watching all these games and seeing offense that isn't all ISO and 1 on 1 jump shots which is all we do.
Our brand has become awful. we sit in zone and wait for the other team to miss, and we don't even have the guards to run anymore. then we run high ball screens for like 25 seconds and force a 1v1 shot.