In comparison to other P5+BE teams do we play an enjoyable brand of basketball? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In comparison to other P5+BE teams do we play an enjoyable brand of basketball?

Watching other teams I just see a lot better offensive basketball.
I don't think our style is an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball.
With all the talent we have and have had this is frustrating.

The modern gold standard for beautiful basketball from us was the 2010 team. It played a great game of basketball.

I just get frustrated watching all these games and seeing offense that isn't all ISO and 1 on 1 jump shots which is all we do.

I'll say this... We have one of the best pump fakers in America. And if you don't find pump fakes (with no shot) 7-10 times a game exciting, I don't know what to tell you.

Sanctions + 2016 FF team has made it really hard to develop talent to fit our very unique system. That's part of the reason why this team is so wildly different than most SU teams. It hasn't been groomed for the 2-3 + fast break.

But these kids have 3 T10 wins (almost 4). Given there are a lot of new (to SU) faces on the team, that's an incredible feat. I'm proud of all these kids.

Sanctions + 2016 FF team has made it really hard to develop talent to fit our very unique system. That's part of the reason why this team is so wildly different than most SU teams. It hasn't been groomed for the 2-3 + fast break.

But these kids have 3 T10 wins (almost 4). Given there are a lot of new (to SU) faces on the team, that's an incredible feat. I'm proud of all these kids.
My point is not related to this one year. Our offensive philosophy sucks. Unless we get better talent and that talent does it's job it won't improve.

That is the recipe for success anywhere. We care about the zone, zone, zone. and then the zone some
more. This has turned us into a horrible aesthetically entertaining basketball team that relies on defensive and ISO one on one basketball to win games.

I often say, if I didn't love Syracuse basketball I would hate Syracuse basketball.

When everything is clicking it's fun. But it's rare that everything is clicking. Our offense is a joke and I hate hate HATE how we always let the opponent dictate tempo.

Honestly, our style of play has turned me off to college hoops. I watch more NBA these days.
That pretty much sums it up to me.

We haven't run the fast break in YEARS. This isn't some new aspect of the team.

Just wondering since I've seen it many places, but why do so many SU fans keep harping on the 3 Top 10 wins? None are top 10 teams anymore. Virginia is barely top 25.

My point is not related to this one year. Our offensive philosophy sucks. Unless we get better talent and that talent does it's job it won't improve.

That is the recipe for success anywhere. We care about the zone, zone, zone. and then the zone some
more. This has turned us into a horrible aesthetically entertaining basketball team that relies on defensive and ISO one on one basketball to win games.
I 100% agree. This has been going on what seems like 6-7 years now. We're basically a slightly more up tempo UVa, but not as disciplined.

It's funny, we recruit heavily for the zone where we usually have long, athletic, but not overally skilled players, but then our offense is run as if we have highly skilled offensive players.