In everyone's rush to bash our freshman PG | Syracusefan.com

In everyone's rush to bash our freshman PG

pearl31

in cahoots
I find it interesting that there has been virtually no mention of his two key 1st half treys.
That's a big plus if he can give us one or two of those a game.

I am very satisfied at where Kaleb is right now.

I find it interesting that there has been virtually no mention of his two key 1st half treys.

Word!
Trust me my bro, I noticed. Just the beginning for this kid. He will shine. We should just give him time. (That almost rhymed)

Yep and I can promise you no matter how disappointed, upset, mad or whatever you were with Joseph on that last play he is more so with himself. Just look at his reaction and the look on his face. He just learned a really hard lessen but he has been improving each game.

He had less turnovers than Rak our senior. And none of his turnovers where the toss it back out to Michigan for a free run at the hoop like Cooney and Mike had.

Last edited:
i have no doubts hes gonna be a good one, i just have serious doubts its gonna be this year. everyone saying "come march he'll be a different player". im not so sure, i think his ups and downs will be a year long thing. the entire year will be a learning experience. first true road game, first conference game, first conference road game, first acc tourny, first ncaa tourny, etc.

Yep and I can promise you no matter how disappointed, upset, mad or whatever you were with Joseph on that last play he is more so with himself. Just look at his reaction and the look on his face. He just learned a really hard lessen but he has been improving each game.
Yeah, he wanted some of that last minute back. He's fiery alright. Will make up for it.

Welcome to an internet message board.

Signed,
Internet message board

I haven't seen too much bashing. Criticism is just part of the gig. And yes, those were big shots.

I wouldn't say there's been a lot of bashing. But there's certainly been some frustration, but obviously that's to be expected with 99% of freshman point guards.

i have no doubts hes gonna be a good one, i just have serious doubts its gonna be this year. everyone saying "come march he'll be a different player". im not so sure, i think his ups and downs will be a year long thing. the entire year will be a learning experience. first true road game, first conference game, first conference road game, first acc tourny, first ncaa tourny, etc.

So what? From the hottest fire is forged the strongest steel. Sure, he'll have ups and downs as a function of being thrown to the wolves. But the upside of that is that he won't be an inexperienced frosh come March--he'll be battle tested.

And no, he's not going to be as good of a player this year as he is next year or beyond. That doesn't change any of the above.

I don't think that stating the obvious is bashing.
He needs experience.
And that only comes with time.
He's got a lot of talent.
Our season in large part will depend on how rapidly Kaleb Joseph develops.

From a former recent SU point guard:
upload_2014-12-3_16-9-22.png

pearl31 said:
From a former recent SU point guard:

He did shoot up some craptacular 3s with double coverage that was just as bad as handing the ball to the other team. I'm not hating on Scoop, but he didn't make the best decisions on the court, especially his first couple of years.

He did shoot up some craptacular 3s with double coverage that was just as bad as handing the ball to the other team. I'm not hating on Scoop, but he didn't make the best decisions on the court, especially his first couple of years.
Exactly, which is pretty much why a posted the pic of his tweet - a very nice pot-calling-kettle-black moment :rolleyes:

pearl31 said:
Exactly, which is pretty much why a posted the pic of his tweet - a very nice pot-calling-kettle-black moment :rolleyes:

If I were scoop I probably would have just kept my mouth shut hahah. Probably a little too easy to pull up some Scoop being Scoop highlights.

Amen to that. The kid will be a versatile scoring force sooner rather than later. Most freshmen and/or inexperienced players make mistakes and have bad moments; I will never understand the "fans" who demand flawless performances out of these kids and then go on the attack when they fall short.

Amen to that. The kid will be a versatile scoring force sooner rather than later. Most freshmen and/or inexperienced players make mistakes and have bad moments; I will never understand the "fans" who demand flawless performances out of these kids and then go on the attack when they fall short.
Couple things, kids did great last nite, it will get better. 2 other takeaways. Rak being unstoppable at times vs a power conf team, that eased my mind a bit. As good as we played. I wonder how much is it that Michigan is not really that good.

Great point. If he can take some pressure off Cooney having to be the only three point threat, that would be awesome. I was really excited to see him know down those two 3 pointers.

Im surprised anyone is bashing him. He choked at the end. But other than that played solid. He'll grow. I aint worried.

Thus spoke CusefanAtl

It was really nice to see Kaleb knock down those 3s, and I want him to continue to take those shots if he's open. That said, I think Kaleb needs to focus on running our offense more effectively rather looking to score for the team to reach its full potential, which I think is still considerable. He's struggling to run the offense at the moment and watching him try to feed the post is painful, especially when he's trying to get the ball to Chris. He's also consistently missing open guys on the break. It's obvious he was more of a scorer than a facilitator in high school. I don't doubt the kid's talent or effort. He just needs more experience like numerous others have said. It'll be a lot of fun to watch him and the team improve over the course of the season.

Most freshman do not even start for a top D-1 team. Kaleb learned a ton this game. Did you notice Cooney with his arm around him after the horn? His own teammates understand. Too bad our fans can't.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom